This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Barista Booster Initiative

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Barista Booster Initiative

User Info: Umbreon2000

Umbreon2000
4 months ago#1
Was hoping that the latest update (Ver. 1.5) would have fixed this issue, but no -- I got the Barista Booster Initiative today, and Brewster won't let me work, because it's Shamrock Day!

Darn. I really wanted to serve some "Irish coffee" to my villagers...
FC: 2423 - 5021 - 6306 Mayor Tracy of Narnia
Dream Code: 5F00-001B-BEE7

User Info: katysu

katysu
4 months ago#2
I don't see it as an issue?
Its far less bothersome than not being able to do Mayor stuff at the Town Hall on event days, but both are entirely liveable with in my opinion.

User Info: Kanuke98

Kanuke98
4 months ago#3
It's no different then the one wanting you to visit houses in your HHA showcase and you have none or like the one I got recently for the Resetti center and it wasn't open that night. It is what it is not really an issue, nothing is perfect.
FC 1478-4005-0540 Mayor D.A. Town Steelers. DA 4C00-000F-57D0. Cycle Town FC 1091-9591-3992 Town Steeler2 Mayor D.A.2.
Pacific Time.

User Info: Satan915

Satan915
4 months ago#4
Kanuke98 posted...
It's no different then the one wanting you to visit houses in your HHA showcase and you have none or like the one I got recently for the Resetti center and it wasn't open that night. It is what it is not really an issue, nothing is perfect.

Yeah that one is bad too, but the difference is it's physically impossible to do Barista Booster on a holiday, whereas the Happy Home Showcase one is virtually/might as well be impossible due to how hard it is to legitly find Streetpasses for this game. They could easily fix Barista Booster though, and either remove or tweak the Happy Home Showcase one so instead of 3 a day you only need 1 a week, or allow previously visited homes to count.

katysu
4 months ago#5
Ah I misread, but I've taken it that I might well not be able to do all the initiatives. It's a loss of at the most 3 coupons.
I had one where I had to change the w/p / redecorate and the initiative mentioned Saharah - but I never got her that week, and just changing the w/p didn't work. Maybe I messed up on that one somehow. (change both w/p & carpet? will try that next time)
Its a Saturday in one of my towns, read the initiatives straight after loading, & it mentioned Gracie (for a daily one) - and she was in the plaza, 1st visit in this town too. So some of them work well.

I can't remember what the update to 1.5 was for - for 'stability' maybe.

Satan915
4 months ago#6
katysu posted...
I had one where I had to change the w/p / redecorate and the initiative mentioned Saharah - but I never got her that week, and just changing the w/p didn't work. Maybe I messed up on that one somehow. (change both w/p & carpet? will try that next time)

I had that one, tried changing both the wallpaper and carpeting on my own and it didn't work. But Saharah did come that week and it completed once she redecorated. That one is specifically for Sahrah even though it says "better yet" as if she's not required. I'd hope that she's guaranteed to show up sometime during the week that you get that initiative. Are you sure you played and went to the Police Station every day that week?

katysu
4 months ago#7
Are you sure you played and went to the Police Station every day that week? Well I was sure, (I do go to the Police Station & ask), but given I can misread posts so badly, who knows.
But I've had this twice and no Saharah, (different games). If I get it again I'll take a lot more note of what is happening.

katysu
4 months ago#8
Update to my Gracie visit and the Gracie initiative - played my Mayor, had the initiative to get a fashion check off Gracie, it was a daily one & had Gracie in the Plaza, cute, easy, did immediately.

Went on with first alt - she also had the Gracie initiative and of course no Gracie, so no way of doing - so I would say not being able to always complete the initiatives - well at least for all characters, is likely deliberate.
In the case of the Café/coffee one & events, again I would say its not an issue, its just Nintendo saying you won't always be able to do all or you have to chose who do it with or its too much extra programming or well you won't get everything, aka real life.

User Info: Umbreon2000

Umbreon2000
4 months ago#9
katysu posted...
In the case of the Café/coffee one & events, again I would say its not an issue, its just Nintendo saying you won't always be able to do all or you have to chose who do it with or its too much extra programming or well you won't get everything, aka real life.

Sorry I used the word "issue" -- force of habit, I guess. I'm a Quality Assurance tester and my job is to write up every little "issue" (or "bug") in a game, even if it's something so trivial that the developers eventually respond by changing the issue's status from Open to Will Not Fix. Believe me, it happens a lot -- and I expect it would happen in this case as well.

I agree it's definitely not a Priority One issue -- er, bug -- whatever. (In QA Speak, Priority One means a crash, freeze or some other sort of progression blocker) This is really just more of a petty annoyance to a select few people, that's all. Yet even those little things still need to be written up. It's all part of the job.

Funny how all I really wanted to do in my original post was make a joke about not being able to serve "Irish Coffee" on Shamrock (St. Patrick's) Day, and just look at the discussion it spawned!
FC: 2423 - 5021 - 6306 Mayor Tracy of Narnia
Dream Code: 5F00-001B-BEE7

Satan915
4 months ago#10
katysu posted...

Went on with first alt - she also had the Gracie initiative and of course no Gracie, so no way of doing - so I would say not being able to always complete the initiatives - well at least for all characters, is likely deliberate.

But at least it's still possible to do that one with someone. Also, once you upgrade to T&T Emporium you wont get that one anymore (and I assume you also don't get it before you have T.I.Y). The equivalent would be if Gracie has a chance to not show up at all, but you've seemed to indicate they she always does. Although Saharah might not for her initiative.

Umbreon2000 posted...
Sorry I used the word "issue" -- force of habit, I guess. I'm a Quality Assurance tester and my job is to write up every little "issue" (or "bug") in a game, even if it's something so trivial that the developers eventually respond by changing the issue's status from Open to Will Not Fix. Believe me, it happens a lot -- and I expect it would happen in this case as well.

I agree it's definitely not a Priority One issue -- er, bug -- whatever. (In QA Speak, Priority One means a crash, freeze or some other sort of progression blocker) This is really just more of a petty annoyance to a select few people, that's all. Yet even those little things still need to be written up. It's all part of the job.

I agree with this philosophy when it comes to games. Regardless of how petty it may be, nothing should be unobtainable due to a bug or lousy programming. I also don't like permanently missable stuff in general, even if it is by design. Even though you just get a MEOW Coupon it's still a daily task that the game assigns to you.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Barista Booster Initiative

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived