This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ACNL CYAO: The Return of Wisp

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. ACNL CYAO: The Return of Wisp

User Info: NCh

NCh
1 month ago#1
Hello! It hasn't been very long, but I'm already starting the sequel to my last CYOA. But I need voting and stuff so I can continue writing the story.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I walk down the familiar path. The flowers are laden with dew, their petals drooping. Bees buzz between flowers, collecting pollen that will soon become honey.
I should make a honey cake sometime.
I reach the orchards. The trees glisten, sunlight streaming through the leaves. Ripe fruits hang from their boughs, peaches and pears and oranges and cherries.
But never apples. No, not since the incident three years ago. But you can live without apples.
I walk out of the orchard. Beautiful houses appear, the exteriors showing that if real, I could never afford one. But here, I have one all to myself. My feet carry me to the building on the end of the street. I enter, and the sweet smell of lilacs and Jacob's Ladders wafts over me. I sigh. If only it was really like this at my house. But freshly baked cakes don't smell bad.
The room is somewhat messy, proof of my visiting for over three years. Every night, I come here, everything perfect in my eyes. Everything fit to my taste.
It's almost too painful.
Every time I come, I let my hopes fly, thinking I'll finally find him. See him once more, talk to him, catch up after all this time. But always, I leave empty-hearted, this perfect place tainted with grief.
I barely even knew him, but he found a place in my heart. He's like a brother to me. A long lost brother.
I sigh. Rummaging through the half-written letters piled on my desk, I find a golden lamp. My heart aches, like it always does, whether I'm awake or asleep. I peer into the nozzle. As always, empty.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found it Christmas morning. I had just waved goodbye to my friends, after hours of eating, opening gifts, and ugly sweater contests. I had walked upstairs to my room, determined to sleep. That's when I'd noticed the little piece of paper sticking out of the lamp. I'd carefully removed it, worried that I would rip it. It said:
Dear Cat,
If you ever want to talk, just slip your letter into the lamp. You'll know when it's sent.
W

Every day, I write a letter. I decided to always add a note, telling something about me. I'd told him my favorite food, color, flower, even type of sky. Apparently this place knew it too, because it was always sunset here, the clouds purple and pink while the sky turned from light orange to blue in the corners.
Every day, I eagerly search the lamp for a new slip of paper. I don't know why I fool myself; I know I won't find anything. But still I hope.
Every day, it is heart wrenchingly empty.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The steady BEEP BEEP BEEP of my alarm wakes me. I sigh, staring up at the Jacob's Ladder hanging from the ceiling. I sit up, throw off the covers, and get dressed for work. My hair, grown out to the small of my back, goes up in a messy bun. It used to be a golden blonde, but now it's more of a brown-blonde mixture.
Another year, and it'll be completely brown.
I jog down the staircase, shaking my hands to get the blood flowing in my fingers. I walk into my kitchen, the refrigerator and ovens gleaming. Sunlight sparkles through the window, and I pull out my apron from a drawer. I flip through the recipe book, landing on the one for chocolate marble cake. I grab the ingredients, then wash my hands.

(DON'T POST)
Happy Labor Day, everyone!
FC 1977-1304-8169 Pokemon IGN: Moonlight,Sunlight ACNL Mayor Ashley of Paris

NCh
1 month ago#2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My hand is steady as I squeeze the tube, golden frosting appearing on the cake. I am almost halfway done decorating this cake, the frosting in the shape of golden vines, curling around each other, reaching for the top of the cake. Soon I'll be able to deliver it to Ankha. The oven beeps, and I set down the frosting tube. I set two pans in the oven, then go back to work on decorating. I have my playlist on, "Fireflies" blaring out the speakers. It soothes me, makes it easier to forget the world around me and concentrate. I finish the last frosting-vine, then put a plastic top over the cake. Then the cake goes in a box, and it's ready to go. I'm just finished washing up when the doorbell rings.
"One minute!" I yell. I wipe my hands on my apron, turn down the volume of the speakers, then jog to the door.
It's probably Ankha. She's expecting her cake today. I unlock the door. She always was kind of pushy. I yank the door open.
"If you're here for the cake . . . " I trail off. My heart beats rapidly.
It's him.
He has the same bright green eyes, the same almondy hair. He only looks a little younger than me. He's grown, and it's weird how different someone looks after three years.
"Are you Cat?" he asks. I just stare at him. My mouth is dry, and I can't find my voice.
"CAT!" My eyes can just barely register a flash of white, then I'm on the floor, having been tackled by . . . something.
"I missed yous so much! Do you have more friends? Have you talked to Tom? Did you like the lamp?"
I stare up at the white figure above me.
Did you like the lamp?
"Wisp?" I whisper. The white figure smiles.
"You remember me! I was worried you'd forgotten, after all it's been two years-"
I jump up, furious. I'm suddenly bitter.
"Three years. It's been three years. That lamp was the only time I heard from you. And you didn't even care enough to write me a letter." I glare at Wisp. "Every day, I would hope and hope that I would get a letter, a note, something to show that you still cared. And you know what?" I move forward so that I am face to face with him. "I should have given up years ago."
I stomp into the kitchen to wash my hands. The water is painfully hot, but I don't notice. I'm seething.
The nerve of him!
Someone clears their throat. I turn. It's the boy. I suddenly realize that this time, he's not controlled by Wisp.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cat angrily rubs her hands dry. She glares at me.
"Who are you?" she demands.
"Um . . . " My mouth is dry. This is the girl, the one that flashes before my eyes whenever I try to go to sleep. Except, she looks so much older. And her uneasy, not-quite-carefree smile is missing. It's replaced by a frown, accompanied by a furrowed brow.
"Well?"

A: Jake
B: Chris
C: Cole
Happy Labor Day, everyone!

User Info: RobotGuardianXL

RobotGuardianXL
1 month ago#3
Cool! The next chapter is beginning! :D

I'll pick...A. Jake sounds like an awesome name. :)
Fan of Meet the Robinsons since 2007.
"Wilbur Robinson is not permitted in the Time Lab." - Robot Guardian XL //AC:NL Dream Address: 5A00-0072-9DC7

User Info: Cinnabunny

Cinnabunny
1 month ago#4
A. YES! FIREFLIES! AND YOU MADE SEQUEL! :D (me feeling very excited now xD)
I have not failed, I just found 1000 ways that don't work -Thomas Edison
cyoa: Legend of Lunacove (acnl)

NCh
1 month ago#5
Cinnabunny posted...
A. YES! FIREFLIES! AND YOU MADE SEQUEL! :D (me feeling very excited now xD)

Yeah, Fireflies is actually the first song on my playlist on my phone, I figured I aught to put it in there.
Okay, so Jake wins! I'll update later this afternoon/evening.
Have a good Tuesday, everybody!

User Info: RobotGuardianXL

RobotGuardianXL
1 month ago#6
(Starts humming Fireflies) :)

Looking forward to the update! :D
Fan of Meet the Robinsons since 2007.
"Wilbur Robinson is not permitted in the Time Lab." - Robot Guardian XL //AC:NL Dream Address: 5A00-0072-9DC7

NCh
1 month ago#7
(Jake POV)
"I'm Jake. You're Cat?" I say. She huffs.
"Obviously. How do you know who I am?" Cat busies herself with moving around the kitchen, checking the oven, searching the refrigerator. I know it's just so she won't have to make eye contact with me.
I shake my head. "You wouldn't believe me if I tried to tell you."
Cat leans against the counter, arms folded. "Try me."
I take a deep breath.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'd woken up on a bench, like I had sat down and fallen asleep. I didn't really know where I was, but I could tell it was a park. I remembered going there with someone. As I traveled home, little bits and pieces came to me. I'd been walking through the woods and heard someone crying. It was Wisp, and he asked me help him, After hearing what was going on, I agreed to let him use me to escape. Slowly, memories of your guys' adventure drifted into my mind, until I could see the whole story laid out in front of me." I pause.
"Then Wisp appeared to me in a dream, asking for my help again. I said I would help, but only if I was in complete control of myself." I laugh nervously, hoping that Cat will lighten up.
She doesn't.
"What does this have to do with me?" she asks. Her voice contains a hint of exasperation, like she really doesn't care about what I was telling her. But I can see the gleam in her eyes, the look of concern and excitement. Cat leans forward, until our faces are inches apart. "What's going on?"
I swallow. "Something big. Something that only you and I can help Wisp with."
Cat raises an eyebrow. "Just us?"
I nod. "We're the only ones who know about Wisp and the Spirit World." Cat goes rigid, as if a jolt of electricity had gone through her.
"The Spirit World? You know about that?" she whispers. I nod again. She shakes her head.
"But Tom Nook," Cat argues. "Tom Nook knows about Wisp. He's the one who told us where to find the Spirit World entrance."
I bite my lip. "Mr. Nook has forgotten about that. I walked into his shop, and he didn't even recognize me- or at least, the body Wisp had inhabited."
Cat looks down at her hands. It's almost like I can see inside her head, all of the gears turning, trying to come up with a logical answer for everything. The oven dings, and we both jump.
"Cakes," Cat mumbles. She shoves her hands into oven mitts, muttering. She opens the oven, and the tantalizing smell of freshly baked cakes makes my mouth drool.
"So, is Cat mad at me?" I jump. Wisp has appeared out of thin air, scaring me witless.
"Yeah, he has a tendency to do that," says Cat. She's bent over, putting more cakes in the oven to bake. She straightens up. "I almost fell out of a tree when he did it to me." Cat blows a strand of hair out of her face. She sits up on the counter, like she's getting ready for a long talk.
"Wisp, what is going on? One adventure is plenty enough for me."
Wisp turns to me. I give him a go-ahead-it's-your-story look. He sucks in a breath.
"Well, you see, there's this really bad spirit who thinks we should take over the Living World. He's gathered up a huge army of spirits, poisoning their minds to think that we deserve both worlds, but I disagree-"
Cat throws up her hands in a sideways T. "Time out. We? As in, the spirits of the Spirit World?"
Wisp nods. "Like I said, I think that since we get the Spirit World, we should just leave you living peple in peace, but I'm in the minority, so-"
"Wisp?" Cat interrupts him again. "Exactly how many ghosts want to take over my world?" Her voice is quiet, scary.
(DON'T POST)

NCh
1 month ago#8
"W-well, it's-it's hard to, to say, but, um, it's a large number you could say," Wisp stammers. He turns to me. "A little help?"
"Nah, you're doing a great job," I respond. Cat glares at both of us.
Wisp bites his lip. "Look, it's hard to explain, but . . . it's bad, Cat. Really bad."
Ding! We all jump. It was the oven again. Cat pulls the last cakes out of her oven. She looks at the clock.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's almost 11:00! We must have talked all evening . . . they'll need a place to sleep . . .
I swat Wisp's hand away from the frosting bowl.
"Do you know anywhere we can stay the night?" asks Jake
Hmm . . .

A: Say they can stay at Cat's house
B: Tell them where the hotel is
C: Say Cat doesn't know where they can stay because she's still mad at Wisp

User Info: ApplePie12

ApplePie12
1 month ago#9
A. Sorry, I didn't vote before. I didn't notice this was here earlier.
I'm a magical princess from another dimension! -Star Butterfly

User Info: Cinnabunny

Cinnabunny
1 month ago#10
A. I was too busy watching Fairytail...
I have not failed, I just found 1000 ways that don't work -Thomas Edison
cyoa: Legend of Lunacove (acnl)
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. ACNL CYAO: The Return of Wisp

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived