This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about giving a villager to another player

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Question about giving a villager to another player

User Info: Darth Mom

Darth Mom
1 month ago#1
Suppose I have a villager in boxes, and someone visits my town to get that villager from me. After the person succeeds in getting the villager to agree to move to their town, don't I have to be careful about how the multiplayer session ends? I have a vague memory of someone saying that simply ending the multiplayer session by pressing the start button and then choosing to end session, instead of letting the visitor leave by train might cause the villager transaction to glitch or something. Can someone enlighten me, please?

Am I getting confused with something else?
"...even if your grades are bad, it doesn't mean you're failing..." Amanda Palmer
3DS FC: 0516-7414-5138

User Info: Kanuke98

Kanuke98
1 month ago#2
Darth Mom posted...
Suppose I have a villager in boxes, and someone visits my town to get that villager from me. After the person succeeds in getting the villager to agree to move to their town, don't I have to be careful about how the multiplayer session ends? I have a vague memory of someone saying that simply ending the multiplayer session by pressing the start button and then choosing to end session, instead of letting the visitor leave by train might cause the villager transaction to glitch or something. Can someone enlighten me, please?

Am I getting confused with something else?

I always end session when it's complete and never had any problem with this.

The only problem I have ever had is saving before ending session or visitor leaving by train. After someone has adopted a villager and left I always check the villager's house to make sure they have moved. What happened 3 times to me was adopting the villager out to friends, saving before they left then after they left my town checked the villager's house and was able to go inside which shouldn't happen. Thankfully got ahold of the friends and they had to come back and invite the villager a second time. Now I never save before ending session.
FC 1478-4005-0540 Mayor D.A. Town Steelers. DA 4C00-000F-57D0. Cycle Town FC 1091-9591-3992 Town Steeler2 Mayor D.A.2.
Pacific Time.

User Info: Darth Mom

Darth Mom
1 month ago#3
Okay thank you! So it would seem that I need to remember NOT to save while they're in my town, "end session" is okay but leaving by train might not be, and third, I ought to check the house after they leave.

Alrighty I think I get it now. Thanks much!
"...even if your grades are bad, it doesn't mean you're failing..." Amanda Palmer
3DS FC: 0516-7414-5138

User Info: Kanuke98

Kanuke98
1 month ago#4
Darth Mom posted...
Okay thank you! So it would seem that I need to remember NOT to save while they're in my town, "end session" is okay but leaving by train might not be, and third, I ought to check the house after they leave.

Alrighty I think I get it now. Thanks much!

Your very welcome.
FC 1478-4005-0540 Mayor D.A. Town Steelers. DA 4C00-000F-57D0. Cycle Town FC 1091-9591-3992 Town Steeler2 Mayor D.A.2.
Pacific Time.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Question about giving a villager to another player

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived