will we ever get an MK7 "deluxe" release?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 7
  3. will we ever get an MK7 "deluxe" release?

User Info: mothballs

mothballs
2 months ago#1
I feel that unlike MK8 MK7 acually needs a second complete release

as a single player title. MK7 feels like its lacking in options and game play. like they released the game incomplete.

User Info: DragonDeoxys

DragonDeoxys
1 month ago#2
Nah

MK8DX on the Switch makes MK7 obsolete
3DS FC: 3668-9945-1996
You eat a gallon of pudding in one sitting, the taste dissipates, you eat a spoonful a day and its always good and rewarding.-games_pot1

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
1 month ago#3
f*** no.Look at when the game came out.If we were gonna get anything like that,we would of by now.They rushed the game out which is why it feels incomplete.
3DS FC:3394-3658-2611
Pokemon White 2 National Dex Completed:9/26/2013

User Info: HeavyD2

HeavyD2
1 month ago#4
Hmm. What about... the different kart parts and stats in the different games?

I really like what MK7 did with weight stats a lot better than MK8. In this game, while heavyweight characters are the fastest, lightweights get two pips of acceleration per pip of speed traded off, meaning they get to enjoy more speed + acceleration. In MK8, the speed/acceleration tradeoff is the other way around, so heavyweights get the most speed, AND speed + acceleration! They get less handling instead than lightweights, but that still sure sounds like anything lighter than medium would simply not be fast enough for me to compete against the best in MK8, even with coins! I doubt I'll find their handling THAT useful. I'm quite good at driving with 1.00 handling in this game.

Even if you wanted to combine parts, there's still this whole character weight class difference to deal with. And then there's the difference in how the games determine what items you get (in MK8 it's based on time behind 1st instead of placing for the first time in the series.) If we're going to "revamp" this game in any way, let's keep the properties that make MK7 MK7, instead of MK8 or another game.
Mario Kart 7 FC: 0962-9255-0709 ~54,000 VR atm - Slick dude
Mario Golf World Tour - going for a podium tournament finish - Sweet dude

mothballs
1 month ago#5
DragonDeoxys posted...
Nah

3ds is still relevant

further away? all the more to completely release the game... maybe new tracks as well

User Info: DragonDeoxys

DragonDeoxys
1 month ago#6
mothballs posted...
DragonDeoxys posted...
Nah

3ds is still relevant

further away? all the more to completely release the game... maybe new tracks as well

3DS is still relevant, but MK7 stopped being the moment MK8 DX was released.

What reason do you have to release a "deluxe" version of MK7?
You have it's more powerful successor that was released on a more powerful console, that not only can be played on your TV in high definition but also as a handheld console (playing like MK7 once did, thus effectively replacing it), with beautiful graphics, a bigger roster, updated mechanics such as anti-gravity and being able to carry two items, old courses remade to fit them, and more vehicle choices with bikes returning and ATVs being added. Mechanically and aesthetically, 8 does everything 7 ever did and more.

With all that said, I'm sure you cannot come up with any good reason of why it should happen and any attempt is just you being contrarian. Re-releasing an inferior version of Mario Kart, even if you add new tracks, makes no sense from a business or consumer perspective. Nintendo is not going to waste time remastering that game since it also has to compete with the one they already released for the Switch and it is likely to sell poorly as a result; likewise, I'm sure that no consumer is asking for a re-release of a lesser Mario Kart game, except you and perhaps 4 other people around the globe.
If new tracks is what you want, it makes more sense to ask them as potential DLC for MK8DX.
3DS FC: 3668-9945-1996
You eat a gallon of pudding in one sitting, the taste dissipates, you eat a spoonful a day and its always good and rewarding.-games_pot1

mothballs
1 month ago#7
I remember MK7 had some incredible tracks and tight gameplay (mostly copied over from KM8 granted)

I would want to experience those tracks again with some bonuses and wider options like single player vs mode... even DLC would be good enough

User Info: Satan915

Satan915
1 month ago#8
HeavyD2 posted...
Hmm. What about... the different kart parts and stats in the different games?

I really like what MK7 did with weight stats a lot better than MK8. In this game, while heavyweight characters are the fastest, lightweights get two pips of acceleration per pip of speed traded off, meaning they get to enjoy more speed + acceleration. In MK8, the speed/acceleration tradeoff is the other way around, so heavyweights get the most speed, AND speed + acceleration! They get less handling instead than lightweights, but that still sure sounds like anything lighter than medium would simply not be fast enough for me to compete against the best in MK8, even with coins! I doubt I'll find their handling THAT useful. I'm quite good at driving with 1.00 handling in this game.

Even if you wanted to combine parts, there's still this whole character weight class difference to deal with. And then there's the difference in how the games determine what items you get (in MK8 it's based on time behind 1st instead of placing for the first time in the series.) If we're going to "revamp" this game in any way, let's keep the properties that make MK7 MK7, instead of MK8 or another game.

Yeah I like how light weights have more overall stats (and a smaller kart body) in this game to offset having less speed, which is arguably the single most important stat. That and weight difference for bumping into players having less of an effect than in MK8 makes it more balanced. There are some imbalances though like monster wheels being the heaviest, almost fastest, and best off-road coupled with being the only wheels to let you powerslide off-road.

I don't really like basing item distribution on time behind 1st place either (or the coin item for that matter), but the one thing I do think should be based on that is the blue shell, and preferably based on the distance that 2nd place is from 1st. Only when 1st is significantly ahead of 2nd (such as a few seconds) should it be possible to get a blue shell.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Satan915

Satan915
1 month ago#9
Satan915 posted...
I don't really like basing item distribution on time behind 1st place either (or the coin item for that matter), but the one thing I do think should be based on that is the blue shell, and preferably based on the distance that 2nd place is from 1st. Only when 1st is significantly ahead of 2nd (such as a few seconds) should it be possible to get a blue shell.

Also last place (or the last few places) could be more likely to get the Bullet Bill when they're way behind, but the Bullet Bill could also use some buffing in this game. It's not that fast, takes wide turns and doesn't last long enough to make that huge of a difference thanks to those 2 things. For example, if you fall way behind the pack in an online race, even a full bullet bills may not catch you back up, or at least won't pass anyone.

User Info: sdot

sdot
1 month ago#10
i saw this game is on sale at target, if it worth playing if just getting it for online play. I just want to know if the online battling/racing is still going strong for the next year.
FC: 5086-1312-2533 || Catching all the Pokemon on Y, LF: Diancie, Dialga || IGN:Thomas
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 7
  3. will we ever get an MK7 "deluxe" release?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.