I'm glad they got back to the classic format.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  3. I'm glad they got back to the classic format.

User Info: LanLan12345

LanLan12345
4 years ago#1
As in, Turn Based. Now, the Real Time thing in Super Paper Mario is good, but I prefer Turn Based combat. Can't wait for this.
Pokemon Black FC: 2795-6769-8619

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
4 years ago#2
Agreed.
Spam Musubi = Super Mushroom :D

User Info: wiiking96

wiiking96
4 years ago#3
So, to you, just having turn based battles means it's the classic format? I mean, it's certainly closer to it than SPM was, but it changed almost the whole battle system.
Official "Quote" of the SSB4 board. http://i.imgur.com/tSh2y.jpg
People who like Cave Story: 20

User Info: Giles_Glicer

Giles_Glicer
4 years ago#4
The battle system with stickers will be great. The main problem here is the lack of a sidestory for each chapter. They are the real differencial in PM series.

User Info: NextGen_TB

NextGen_TB
4 years ago#5
wiiking96 posted...
So, to you, just having turn based battles means it's the classic format? I mean, it's certainly closer to it than SPM was, but it changed almost the whole battle system.

That. It's quite a ways away from the "classic" format.
It's better than logic, it's Nintendo Logic!
"....I completely, utterly, most profusely DESPISE Lucas... Lucas will NEVER be cool." - silversunsspu

LanLan12345
4 years ago#6
NextGen_TB posted...
wiiking96 posted...

Okay, explain how it isn't "CLASSIC" format, if it was in the first one. Turn Based, I mean. Don't the first game(s) usually define "CLASSIC"?

User Info: wiiking96

wiiking96
4 years ago#7
LanLan12345 posted...
NextGen_TB posted...
wiiking96 posted...

Okay, explain how it isn't "CLASSIC" format, if it was in the first one. Turn Based, I mean. Don't the first game(s) usually define "CLASSIC"?

Let's see:
- Only one party member
- No FP or SP attacks
- No stylish commands
- No experience
Official "Quote" of the SSB4 board. http://i.imgur.com/tSh2y.jpg
People who like Cave Story: 20

LanLan12345
4 years ago#8
wiiking96 posted...
LanLan12345 posted...
NextGen_TB posted...
wiiking96 posted...

Let's see:
- Only one party member
- No FP or SP attacks
- No stylish commands
- No experience

Oh. Well, it's still Turn Based, that's mostly all I care about. I read about it a bit on Wikipedia, and it's okay even though none of those things are there. I'll still get it once it comes out.

User Info: mastertingle

mastertingle
4 years ago#9
I don't know, I kind of liked the real time battle system..Yes,I have played all the paper marios.
"That's damn good!"-Solid Snake
Does it really matter if i have a sig?

User Info: ApolloJusticeAA

ApolloJusticeAA
4 years ago#10
wiiking96 posted...
LanLan12345 posted...
NextGen_TB posted...
wiiking96 posted...

Let's see:
- Only one party member
- No FP or SP attacks
- No stylish commands
- No experience

- Has nothing to do with the actual basis of combat
- This is true but we dont know what the sticker stars do yet
- You can still do the stylish moves and such with timing so no
- replaced by growth through side quests so technically you get experience just not direct exp
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  3. I'm glad they got back to the classic format.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived