Would you have preferred this game or a port of Thousand Year Door

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  3. Would you have preferred this game or a port of Thousand Year Door

User Info: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe
4 years ago#1
This or Thousand year Door - Results (269 votes)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
32.34% (87 votes)
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
67.66% (182 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The port of the game features absolutely no extras whatsoever. It doesn't even have 3D added to it. It is a straight 1:1 copy of the original game and plays perfectly the same way with controls remapped to the 3DS of course. So the only benefit would be having a great RPG game that is portable.

So what would you choose?
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog

User Info: shadowreaper7

shadowreaper7
4 years ago#2
Other RPG's are portable, i'm disappointed with the game. But getting a game i can still play on my WII is pointless to me.

SS
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper

RemixDeluxe
4 years ago#3
shadowreaper7 posted...
Other RPG's are portable, i'm disappointed with the game. But getting a game i can still play on my WII is pointless to me.

SS

but it would be portable. and its for the GameCube last time I checked.
-Shadow the Hedgehog

User Info: Bass50

Bass50
4 years ago#4
Remixdeluxe posted...
shadowreaper7 posted...

SS

And nearly every Gamecube game can be played on the Wii.

User Info: shadowreaper7

shadowreaper7
4 years ago#5
Remixdeluxe posted...
shadowreaper7 posted...

SS

Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper

RemixDeluxe
4 years ago#6
Bass50 posted...
Remixdeluxe posted...
shadowreaper7 posted...

SS

And nearly every Gamecube game can be played on the Wii.

My bad. I misread and thought he said the Wii version. I know the Wii is Backwards compatible.
-Shadow the Hedgehog

User Info: Sentinel07

Sentinel07
4 years ago#7
I don't care if it was a TYD-remake, port, or rehash. Any of those would have been twice as good as SS.

User Info: SapphireOfChaos

SapphireOfChaos
4 years ago#8
Honestly, I'm quite conflicted. If TTYD got a good 3D HD remake with added content, I would be pleased, but I don't know if I'd prefer that over Sticker Star if SS got touched up... tbh, I might enjoy a portable HD remake of my favorite GC game, so it's hard to make a non-biased choice...
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''

RemixDeluxe
4 years ago#9
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Honestly, I'm quite conflicted. If TTYD got a good 3D HD remake with added content, I would be pleased, but I don't know if I'd prefer that over Sticker Star if SS got touched up... tbh, I might enjoy a portable HD remake of my favorite GC game, so it's hard to make a non-biased choice...

but it wouldnt be graphically improved. Literally a 1:1 copy with no extras just as I stated in the 1st post.
-Shadow the Hedgehog

User Info: SapphireOfChaos

SapphireOfChaos
4 years ago#10
Notice the "if's" and "might"... I know you were talking about a 1:1 copy, that's why I was conflicted, because if it was an enhanced version of TTYD, then there'd be no objection, but a straight port of TTYD is a no, since I can still play it on my GCN, and wouldn't be worth losing a new game over.
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  3. Would you have preferred this game or a port of Thousand Year Door

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived