I have really, really tried to like this game...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  3. I have really, really tried to like this game...

User Info: JascoD

JascoD
6 months ago#1
Like the art, the paper style and love the soundtrack, but man, I give up! The game is just to damn far fetched with its cryptic puzzles and basically non information at all. No hints what so ever.

I am sick and tired of looking **** up on youtube and tying to read FAQS.

So no, I have had it Sticker Star. This game, sadly, is moving on now.
It takes a maniac to catch a maniac.

User Info: JS2

JS2
5 months ago#2
Color splash fixes its problem by having less puzzles and the backtracking you do is more for story progression not needing a thing sticker
hello i play games...

User Info: JascoD

JascoD
5 months ago#3
JS2 posted...
Color splash fixes its problem by having less puzzles and the backtracking you do is more for story progression not needing a thing sticker

I actually played Color splash first and like it a lot.

When I heard about all the hate Sticker star was getting I simply thought its because no body likes these new paper mario games and their lack of RPG elements.

But I do know now why.
It takes a maniac to catch a maniac.

User Info: young_flip

young_flip
5 months ago#4
I just beat it after last playing it two years ago, January 2015. left off at the final boss battle. I had a negative opinion of it but after these 2 years I didn't find it so bad anymore. then again it may be because I don't have to do anything with it anymore, I'm finished with it for good. it was kind of annoying at certain points but I can't place my finger on exactly why.
playing: Kingdom Hearts II FINAL MIX
add me on steam: prejt2. "Oh my goodness. Freedom!"

User Info: FrankyTheCyborg

FrankyTheCyborg
5 months ago#5
It certainly lacks replay appeal, for one thing. Best they could do is scrap it and gut it for parts that would work well in a traditional Paper Mario, genuine RPG-style and open-world. It's not entirely without merit; certain elements (door stickers, Thing stickers - as trophies if not key items - and the museum gallery) are worth holding over to future games if this and CS haven't become the untimely death of the franchise (even if it's in name only).

User Info: Julia-BM

Julia-BM
4 months ago#6
Personally, for my first Paper Mario game, I enjoyed this more than the original Sonic the Hedgehog (Which I found to be boring) as I consider a hardcore gamer rather than a casual gamer.

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
4 months ago#7
It's a game that's heavy on exploration and discovery, not being a rehash of PM and TTYD.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  3. I have really, really tried to like this game...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived