Am I missing out by playing this game first?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  3. Am I missing out by playing this game first?

User Info: Masckerdoom

Masckerdoom
2 months ago#1
Am I missing out on story by playing this Paper Mario game first or must I play the others first to understand the story?

User Info: blueYOSHI9000

blueYOSHI9000
2 months ago#2
Nope, the story isn't connected in any way to other Paper Mario games. Actually not a single Paper Mario game does that so you can play the game in any order.
Want to listen 24/7 to Nintendo music or talk about Nintendo? Join Mushroom Kingdom Discord!
-> https://discord.gg/hF9yKcz <--

Masckerdoom
2 months ago#3
blueYOSHI9000 posted...
Nope, the story isn't connected in any way to other Paper Mario games. Actually not a single Paper Mario game does that so you can play the game in any order.

Thank you! Which one you think is the best

blueYOSHI9000
2 months ago#4
Masckerdoom posted...
blueYOSHI9000 posted...

I personally think Color Splash is the best game in the series but i'm pretty much the only one that says that. Most people think Paper Mario TTYD is the best in the series.
Want to listen 24/7 to Nintendo music or talk about Nintendo? Join Mushroom Kingdom Discord!

Masckerdoom
2 months ago#5
blueYOSHI9000 posted...
Masckerdoom posted...
blueYOSHI9000 posted...

I personally think Color Splash is the best game in the series but i'm pretty much the only one that says that. Most people think Paper Mario TTYD is the best in the series.

Have you played the Mario and Luigi series, if so in what order should I play those and are they connected in story

blueYOSHI9000
2 months ago#6
Masckerdoom posted...
blueYOSHI9000 posted...
Masckerdoom posted...
blueYOSHI9000 posted...

Have you played the Mario and Luigi series, if so in what order should I play those and are they connected in story

It doesn't matter because the story isn't connected. Some characters may remember you from previous games but it's so minor that you shouldn't worry about it.
The only game you shouldn't play is Superstar Saga because there's a 3DS remake coming out soon so I think it's a good idea that you should play that one instead. Maybe play the original one later.

Masckerdoom
2 months ago#7
blueYOSHI9000 posted...
Masckerdoom posted...
blueYOSHI9000 posted...
Masckerdoom posted...
blueYOSHI9000 posted...

It doesn't matter because the story isn't connected. Some characters may remember you from previous games but it's so minor that you shouldn't worry about it.
The only game you shouldn't play is Superstar Saga because there's a 3DS remake coming out soon so I think it's a good idea that you should play that one instead. Maybe play the original one later.

Yes, I am planning to play that one first. Thanks for the help!

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
2 months ago#8
People only hated this game because they were hoping for a rehash of PM and TTYD.

blueYOSHI9000 posted...
I personally think Color Splash is the best game in the series but i'm pretty much the only one that says that.

You aren't. I'm hoping for a Switch version of the game.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

blueYOSHI9000
2 months ago#9
SeamusOHassey posted...

I actually hoped this happens as well because Color Splash was at the end of the Wii U so they could get some more sales which would make sense but now I doubt that they still dop it now.

User Info: munkey55

munkey55
2 months ago#10
SeamusOHassey posted...
People only hated this game because they were hoping for a rehash of PM and TTYD.

blueYOSHI9000 posted...
I personally think Color Splash is the best game in the series but i'm pretty much the only one that says that.

Haha uh no. People hate it because it abandoned almost every core aspect of Paper Mario. No partners, barebones story, no original characters aside from Kersti, and the battles are pointless. Why waste time battling enemies when I can just get OP stickers and go straight to the bosses? Color Splash is slightly better then SS only because of dialogue.
FC: 2578 - 3126 - 4470
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  3. Am I missing out by playing this game first?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived