Best reaper people forgot about...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Twisted Metal
  3. Best reaper people forgot about...

User Info: SnipershadowLB6

SnipershadowLB6
1 year ago#1
Wtf guys!?!? i never got on here back then but so little love....
Andy french HAH i pwned him as reaper back in 12'. now when he went to CF different story...
I remember Vexx, Vad i think used Kamikazi and sickshots was JYD? I dont remember i just remember Vexx and andy were the only ones who might MIGHT could kill me... If people remember there was nothing for me to go 10,20,30 and 00 k/d games with easy.... 3k damage....

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNqcrYVtAhcgOQ8zbO-yidW97Tb6_Gha70Edvqj

Yes thats Me in 1st place.... I developed the game for reaper... andy was good....great in fact.... but i took reaper and made him into what he became... 360 flamesaws in half a sec to power missle power missle,,,, KILLED ANYTHING IN GAME except jugg which just took another flamesaw....

Took Talons out in sky with flamesaw, threw em halfway across map.... jumped over you and 180 flamesawed....

I was a great talon but the love of reaper from 95 was just to much and i fell in love.... 100% skill with reaper back in may of 2012 when i quit playing....

It might be in weekly but R__I__O__T boosted and f***ed s*** up.... GOOGLE PLUS SUNSPRINGS CALI WITH PARKERZ24 (sweet tooth) AND WARLOCK13 (meatwagon)..

AGAIN THIS WAS IN 2012.... I PROB GET RAPED NOW!!!!

User Info: -AllKnowing-

-AllKnowing-
1 year ago#2
Vad is best Reaper.

In all seriousness, being good when the game first came out really means nothing. The bar was rather low for who/what was considered skilled at that time.

In terms of skill and playerbase I'd say the game was at it's peak late 2012/early-mid 2013. There were a lot of skilled players around, skilled clans, clan battles and overall just high skill matches going on around that time.
-The All Seeing Eye-

User Info: yurnxt

yurnxt
1 year ago#3
My vote goes to purplepandaking for most underrated reaper.
~Aut viam inveniam aut faciam~

User Info: MuddyMaestro

MuddyMaestro
1 year ago#4
-AllKnowing- posted...
In all seriousness, being good when the game first came out really means nothing. The bar was rather low for who/what was considered skilled at that time.

Pretty much this. Ranked lobbies for the first year, and especially for the first few months, were easy boosting for any player with a basic grasp of the game, considering the vast majority of players were casuals who had no grasp at all (or required flying with autoaim mega guns to put up a decent score). I hate to rag on players like Andy who were good at the time, but most players who didn't even make it into 2013 were never truly battle-tested. Heck, it's easy to 180 targets that drive in a straight line, or flamesaw newby Talons considering the vertical axis will often autoaim for you. Good luck trying to pull off something fancy on a target that knows how to maneuver and dodge though.

I mean if you look at Andy's ranked stats, he has +23k kills, but also has frozen +14k enemies. I think it's safe to say that a very large quantity of his kills were executed with the easy freeze + flamesaw combo. It worked on braindead opponents back in the day, but these days it's an extremely predictable move (especially if you're known to have repeated it tens of thousands of times). I main Reaper in ranked on an alternate account I started in 2015 which has accumulated +14k kills with less than 500 enemies frozen, so it's safe to say I don't bother even attempting such a combo in current day. He did have a strong CF and KK, but his playstyle wasn't at all revolutionary. It was just more refined than most others at the time, and now the bar's set even higher these days.

I think we've just recently seen the peak of players' skill, in the latest surge of clan activity in about late 2015 and early 2016. Clan wars in 2012 and a lot of 2013 were largely spam wars, and most old footage of matches from those days testifies to that. People were still continuing to improve and the game was competitive until about 2014, when things plateaued with the lack of tournaments or teams there were that could really compete with the best at the time. But even then, clan battles were played with stupid settings, like allowing health taxis which made matches extremely slow paced. It made it far too easy to mitigate mistakes that could wipe your health bar to a sliver when a player on your team functions as a nearly inexhaustible source of health.

It's only in 2015 and the early parts of 2016 that I can say the abilities of both players and teams had really peaked, not to mention finally played with proper competitive settings. There were only a small handful of competitive teams around that time, but they're all players who've had many years of experience behind them and represented the best of the best. Our clan (=eX=) peaked at that time, and the resurfacing of muse around then lead to what was their strongest team yet. It's a shame there weren't more than a few other teams to challenge us both, and as far as I know, things have slowed down again lately (I have hardly been on the last few months myself).
This user is a proud Canadian.
PSN: Muddy_Maestro | XBL: Muddy Maestro

User Info: Mihyaz05

Mihyaz05
1 year ago#5
Someone always trying to make this place alive with "I'M BEST" topics when here is about to death lol.
Twisted Metal 4 - Orbital is Mine
Clan : muse

User Info: Vadimony

Vadimony
1 year ago#6
SnipershadowLB6 posted...
Wtf guys!?!? i never got on here back then but so little love....
Andy french HAH i pwned him as reaper back in 12'. now when he went to CF different story...
I remember Vexx, Vad i think used Kamikazi and sickshots was JYD? I dont remember i just remember Vexx and andy were the only ones who might MIGHT could kill me... If people remember there was nothing for me to go 10,20,30 and 00 k/d games with easy.... 3k damage....

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNqcrYVtAhcgOQ8zbO-yidW97Tb6_Gha70Edvqj

Yes thats Me in 1st place.... I developed the game for reaper... andy was good....great in fact.... but i took reaper and made him into what he became... 360 flamesaws in half a sec to power missle power missle,,,, KILLED ANYTHING IN GAME except jugg which just took another flamesaw....

Took Talons out in sky with flamesaw, threw em halfway across map.... jumped over you and 180 flamesawed....

I was a great talon but the love of reaper from 95 was just to much and i fell in love.... 100% skill with reaper back in may of 2012 when i quit playing....

It might be in weekly but R__I__O__T boosted and f***ed s*** up.... GOOGLE PLUS SUNSPRINGS CALI WITH PARKERZ24 (sweet tooth) AND WARLOCK13 (meatwagon)..

AGAIN THIS WAS IN 2012.... I PROB GET RAPED NOW!!!!

You weren't even good.

And used Kami? Dude, my Kami was trash basically up until late 2013. I could barely get used to driving that thing--and I only could ever play it in Nuke team settings or one on one using one on one mechanics and tactics that I could emulate in any vehicle, which I mean this as I basically sucked with that car since the driving was strange to me.

I used Axel/ DW when I started. And then I unlocked Reaper and never looked back. Switched to Vermin fully after the year was up.

So, with regards to May, you weren't special. You didn't invent Reaper. And 3k damage is average for a Reaper. Great Reapers could get 4000 in those early days, and could venture to 5000. So, basically the math means you're pretty much hitting at least 6 saws of damage per minute.

3000 basically sums to 20 saws within a 10 minute stretch, or 2 hits per minute. When you spawn with 1, and each 20 seconds you gain another; math suggests you're basically blowing about 75% of your chances at damage output. Hardly fulfilling if your ability to produce saw hits relate to like under 25% of the time, if even that lucky. Within the early days, with the folks that played and the lack of defensive prowess they possessed, you'd be hardly a prodigy even if you claim as much.

I've seen you; Tiphon-Set was better than you. Sorry, buddy. He was the "best Reaper" within the first month, basically.
Farewell. :)
  1. Boards
  2. Twisted Metal
  3. Best reaper people forgot about...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived