Going to try to beat every TM on every difficulty with every character

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Twisted Metal
  3. Going to try to beat every TM on every difficulty with every character

User Info: mninp

mninp
2 months ago#1
If you're a TM series fan and you want to try this out as well, come right in and post your progress. I'm a huge fan of the TM seriess but unfortunately there's nowhere to really talk about them online. This board is pretty dead but hopefully some people come into this topic where we can kind of talk about all the games and vehicles simultaneously.

I attempted this about a year ago but TM1 on Hard difficulty gave me so much rage that I quit. Seriously, that game is unfair at times. But here I am again, starting over from scratch. I started this journey yesterday. I already beat the first game on Easy with Sweet Tooth, Roadkill, Mr. Grimm, Warthog, Hammerhead and Spectre (in that order). I died once as Sweet Tooth because I didn't have enough turbo on the last level to jump the gap to get away from Minion. Then I died as Spectre a little while ago on level 3 Freeway because Darkside rammed me and when I tried to run for the health I got stuck on the health station and he rammed me again, killing me. Oh well.

I'm gonna go over each vehicle in the first game and talk about playing as them and fighting them as a CPU. The behavior of the AI is the same across all difficulties, just less/more aggressive and how often they specifically target you.

Sweet Tooth- Playing as him is pretty satisfying. His special is pretty OP damage wise and he has great armor and decent ram damage to back it up. On Easy mode he destroys but on the harder difficulties his lack of speed can give him a lot of trouble. As a CPU he is easily the hardest enemy in the entire game (other than Minion of course). Packed with endless Homing Missiles and Specials which he constantly uses, this is one guy you better be on the lookout for, because he's a beast. I HATE SWEET TOOTH.

Yellow Jacket- He's "average" at everything, but ultimately I find him a bit boring to use. He just isn't great at anything. Meh. As a CPU he's pretty much the same...boring and kind of "just there". He spams his special a lot, but it's pretty weak. Cool name though, and you can't hate the classic taxi design.

Darkside- Playing as him is pretty rough. Sure he has a great ram damage but everything else about him is pretty terrible. He's slow, he's sluggish, his special is garbage and for some reason when he gets hit by Homing Missiles it makes him hop and fly to the side, often getting you into even more trouble than you were before. Against Sweet Tooth you're screwed. As a CPU he's pretty dangerous. He furiously hunts you down and spams Freeze Missiles non stop while ramming you to death. Approach with caution. On Hard mode he's probably the most aggressive CPU as far as how hard they try to take you down.

Outlaw- I can see people finding him boring to use, but I actually like using him. He's not one of the funnest in the game, but his stats are all pretty decent and his special is useful as a "hit and run" kind of thing because you don't need to aim it. His armor is pretty decent too. As a CPU he's kind of "meh", but be careful of him in groups because he loves to spam that special of his constantly.

Thumper- On Easy difficulty he's a beast, as his special causes insane damage, but on harder difficulties it's very difficult to get your opponent to stay still for that long, not to mention that's not even safe to stay still for that long yourself, as there's usually too much chaos going to to be able to use it effectively. As a CPU he's not too bad, just don't get too close to him. Common sense pretty much.

Crimson Fury- He;s quite fun to use because he's so damn fast, but be careful as he's also very fragile. His special is also not that great either. On the higher difficulties his only good strategy is to hit and run everything, which again is fun because he's so fast. As a CPU he's pretty easy. Ramming annihilates him.
Games I'm looking forward to: Super Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Kingdom Hearts HD Remix 2.5, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV

mninp
2 months ago#2
Pit Viper- She's definitely an odd one to use. Her special is pretty good and for some reason she gets a ton of them at the beginning of every level. But her handling is pretty bad and for some reason she's a lot more fragile than you would think. As a CPU she's quite vicious. Second only to Darkside when it comes to aggression, she loves to assault you with specials constantly (I really don't think she uses anything else). She isn't that hard to take down due to her low-ish armor, but she's definitely a fighter.

Warthog- The perfect "beginner car". Warthog has great armor, pretty good ramming ability and a special that is hard to use wrong. To be fair though, he's not really that fun to use, and on the harder difficulties he has some troubles with his speed and lack of damage output, but on Easy it's hard to die with him. As a CPU he's not too aggressive. The only annoying part is that he takes a lot of hits to kill, so make sure you're packing with ammo when you go to fight him.

Mr. Grimm- One of my favorite cars in the game to use. He's fast and his special is the stuff of legends. Also his handling is great and the fact that he's a small target makes it easier for him to escape all the madness. One of the funnest to use and one of the best in the game. As a CPU he has a very uniue strategy, something that no other car shares. He will NEVER outright attack you or anyone else until all other enemies in the level are eliminated, then he goes for you. The only exception is if you drive in front of him or drive past him he tries to shoot you but he'll never change his course. He always drives around the entire stage back and forth, around and around. This is actually great because it allows you to forget about him completely until the very end. Now, when you're fighting him at the end, he isn't too bad, but remember, his special packs a punch. Make sure you're fully healed up before you approach him.

Spectre- A very fun car to use. He's extremely fast and his special almost never misses as long as you have a target in front of you. It goes through walls and even comes back to loop around if it misses the first time. Sure it's kind of weak, but it's still a lot of fun. Like Crimson Fury, Spectre is best used as a hit and run character, because his armor is pretty weak. As a CPU he is VERY annoying, especially on the harder difficulties. On Easy he's not so bad, but on Hard especially, for some reason his specials ALWAYS seem to hit you completely out of nowhere. That's what he does, he stays out of range and fires his ghost missiles at you. He targets you usually from the start and keeps firing those bad boys. Find him, seek him out, and destroy him, because you longer you leave him the more trouble you'll have later on.

Hammerhead- The most badass car in the entire game, he is a BLAST to use, especially on Easy. His special just annihilates and the satisfaction of running over your oppoent and crushing them to death never gets old. On Hard he's tough to use though because he's really slow. Still, he's a blast. As a CPU he's probbaly the chillest car in the entire game. He always seems to just drive around and do his own thing, ocassionally getting in on the action and quickly getting bored. Don't get that confused with "easy" though...he can be quite aggressive in close quarters and his ram will end your life faster than you can say "what happened".

Roadkill- My personal favorite car in the game. He's like if Yellow Jacket had balls. His special is pretty good, his ram is pretty good and he's also decently fast. His only weakness is his handling, which does take a little getting used to. But overall he's very fun to use and he's very balanced. As a CPU he's pretty generic. Be glad when you have him because it could be someone worse.
Games I'm looking forward to: Super Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Kingdom Hearts HD Remix 2.5, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV

User Info: goroh16

goroh16
2 months ago#3
I already beaten every Twisted Metal with every car on hard four years ago. (2010-2013) I still haven't done all the TMPS3 maps that isn't the big XL ones.
The only Final Fantasy I care about: 3, 4, 7, 9.
Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/goroh16?type=posted

mninp
2 months ago#4
goroh16 posted...
I already beaten every Twisted Metal with every car on hard four years ago. (2010-2013) I still haven't done all the TMPS3 maps that isn't the big XL ones.

Which one was the hardest for you? I feel like 2 and Black are the hardest...probably 2 if I had to guess. TM1 is no joke on Hard as well, but it's a short game. I'm still not sure how I want to approach the PS3 version since the campaign works totally different in that one. For TM4 I'm going until I hit Immortal rank and then finishing the game one more time.

User Info: goroh16

goroh16
2 months ago#5
For the TMPS3 you do challenge mode and put ten enemies since it doesn't the traditional tournament mode. Black is only hard if you take the Drive-in Movie route. Snowy Roads is a joke because you can making everyone fall with the gas can. The enemies in TMPS3 can be cheap because of the poorly coded snipers that kills you in one hit. TM4 is easy on immortal because of the landmine trick on the teleports.
The only Final Fantasy I care about: 3, 4, 7, 9.
Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/goroh16?type=posted

mninp
2 months ago#6
goroh16 posted...
For the TMPS3 you do challenge mode and put ten enemies since it doesn't the traditional tournament mode. Black is only hard if you take the Drive-in Movie route. Snowy Roads is a joke because you can making everyone fall with the gas can. The enemies in TMPS3 can be cheap because of the poorly coded snipers that kills you in one hit. TM4 is easy on immortal because of the landmine trick on the teleports.

To be fair TM4 is an easy game regardless. Only Sweet Tooth provides a challenge, but the game gives you so many lives anyway it's not really a problem. I would probably say the difficulty order goes like this (if I had to guess).

TM2- If you die at all pre-Antarctica you might as well reset because your chances become low at that point. AI is ridiculously aggressive here, bordering on unfair.

TMB- This game being so long and having to redo so much bulls*** is half the reason why it's here...the other half is bulls*** sections like the bosses, the beginning of Prison Passage and Drive in Movie. Health management is more important in this game than the others. You can screw yourself out of a win if you waste the healths.

TMPS3- Not very familiar with this game on the hardest difficulty, just going by your word here.

TM1- If you die pre-River Park Rumble you might as well reset. The game is short though, level 1 doesn't even count and there's only really two problem stages as long as you know how to handle Minion. But this game is very bulls*** with its random deaths, more than any other in the series.

TMHO- Also not very familiar with this one on hard, but I feel like it would belong here

TMSB- You regain lives her like in Black, which is a blessing. Trapper is hard, but overall I don't see TOO much giving you problems.

TM3- Pure Lunacy can get INSANE, but if you know how to play the game effectively, most of the enemies will end up just killing each other anyway. Still hard in parts, but very do-able.

TML- I'm counting this game even though it's not a full game. Yeah..only 4 (I think) stages. And I'm pretty sure you get your lives back like in Black, though to be fair I only played this game a couple times.

TM4- Like I said, really easy. Take Sweet Tooth out and it's an absolute joke, which, like you said, Proximity trap for the win. It's hard to get a game over here.
  1. Boards
  2. Twisted Metal
  3. Going to try to beat every TM on every difficulty with every character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived