What was your first RPG?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Gildarts002

Gildarts002
4 years ago#371
when I was younger, I just watched my brother play a lot on the Ps1 and he would occasionally hand me the controller.

First rpg i played and beat on my own was Thousand Arms. I really enjoyed its fantastic dialogue and VA. It's also very funny. Did anyone play this too?

User Info: OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50
4 years ago#372
The first RPG I ever played was Dragon Warrior on the NES. At the time I didn't know what to do.

It was until Phantasy Star IV, Final Fantasy 6 (III on the SNES at the time), and Chrono Trigger did I really start to enjoy the genre and understand the combat mechanics.
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.

User Info: abnergoinbig

abnergoinbig
4 years ago#373
Mine was Poke'mon. First one on consoles was Final Fantasy 8 on PS1.

User Info: Meikunot

Meikunot
4 years ago#374
DJGard posted...
Yeah I loved my good old C64 - had so many games for that there are probably loads of RPGs that I had but can no longer remember - not even going to count the old read'n'type adventures from the early PCs either (mainly 'cos I can not remember any of their names) as I am not sure they are what most would class as RPGs.

I held on to the C64 for ages and skipped the NES/Master system era so had to play all those early RPGs on the emulators much later.

I loved that C64 as well. I can't recall the names of the games I had (but I know some of them were really bad) or other games I played on other older PCs. I skipped the entire Sega console line but stayed into Nintendo (but still played very few RPGs that weren't Zelda-ish).

I have many oldies to play through goodoldgames and emulators. I still have yet to play some of the other Gold Box games - how many did you get a chance to try out if I may ask?

What I can't remember is the first turn-based RPG I played.

User Info: AuRoN2500

AuRoN2500
4 years ago#375
First ever? Final Fantasy VI.

I still remember to this day I had to get help from my brother with Sabin's input command when fighting Vargas.. haha at age 5 i just kept pressing the buttons!!

User Info: auronrenouille

auronrenouille
4 years ago#376
First RPG for me? The first Dragon Warrior, although now I'm more of a Final Fantasy person, though I still do love the DW/Q series.

Man, I was so young when it came out, comparatively. I guess only third grade or so.
- Time is a river, and history repeats.

User Info: danl0134

danl0134
4 years ago#377
Either Final Fantasy Legend or Dragon Warrior 1. Can't remember. The first time I got obsessed with an RPG was with Earthbound though.
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL

User Info: Kamil

Kamil
4 years ago#378
danl0134 posted...
Either Final Fantasy Legend or Dragon Warrior 1. Can't remember. The first time I got obsessed with an RPG was with Earthbound though.

+1 for Earthbound mention. I made friends back then who hated RPGs fans of that game.
slowbeef: Hold on it's the evil wizard who's spinning and striking a pose. And also giant swords, why the hell not.
Retsupurae on Earnest Evans, a wacky game!

User Info: AnimeDrew

AnimeDrew
4 years ago#379
Original Phantasy Star for the Sega Master system. I was always afraid to advance in the dungeons they scared me when i was little haha!

User Info: Trey1death

Trey1death
4 years ago#380
It was an NES game. I'm just not sure if it was Dragon Warrior, Ultima, or Final Fantasy
I was going to procrastinate today, but decided to put it off until tomorrow.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived