What was your first RPG?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Unquestionable

Unquestionable
4 years ago#41
Final Fantasy Legend on Gameboy. I was something like 5 or 6 and my cousin gave it to me because he didn't like it. Still one of my favorite games thought it took me something like 4 years to be. That got me on my RPG kick and I ended up spending my childhood playing pretty much every SNES RPG out there. Didn't even really get into other genres until I was in my early twenties to be honest.
"Humiliate the reason and distort the soul"

User Info: Zombie_Punk

Zombie_Punk
4 years ago#42
Final Fantasy, The Legend of Zelda, Legacy of the Wizard or maybe one of the Dragon Quests.

Those were the first ones but I can't clearly remember which one it was.

User Info: SolidGold

SolidGold
4 years ago#43
Shining Force II and what an amazing game that still is today. Love it to death.

User Info: tricksterlv3

tricksterlv3
4 years ago#44
First?

First to watch on a shop - Final Fantasy 6 on SneS

First to Play - Legend of Legaia

User Info: ODK_Koma

ODK_Koma
4 years ago#45
Not sure if I remember. Definitely SNES era. I think Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG or maybe Illusion of Gaia.

User Info: KAMMYqueen

KAMMYqueen
4 years ago#46
Dragon Warrior {Quest} nes
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U

User Info: Spike21

Spike21
4 years ago#47
When I was young I thought RPGs were wizards and dragons and wasn't very interested. Then I rented Chrono Trigger one night and it blew me away.

I couldn't believe a game could have such an awesome story. After that I played FFVI(III at the time of course), and Super Mario RPG.

Then FFVII came along. I never had a PS1 so I played it on my PC. Completely destroyed it and did everything possible in the game.

Christmas 98 I got a PS1. Bought Parasite Eve, and loved it. Bought FFVII and completely beat it all over again. Then bought Xenogears on a whim one day and it became one of my fav games if all time.

Now I'm a jrpg fan for life, favorite genre by far.

tl;dr....Chrono Trigger.
3DS FC - 2191-7909-4186
Serenity now, insanity later.

User Info: CBrate

CBrate
4 years ago#48
Dark Heart of Uukrul. www.abandonia.com/en/games/475/Dark+Heart+Of+Uukrul%2C+The.html
To all the trolls out there, I have 179 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: stupid_newbie

User Info: tnj8008

tnj8008
4 years ago#49
Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger were the first 2 I was into. My cousin tried getting me to play Lufia 2 before these and I wasn't feeling it. Got hooked on Chrono Trigger though.
GT/PSN: Hickeys4U

User Info: Omegatron_

Omegatron_
4 years ago#50
Dragon Warrior

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived