What was your first RPG?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: DivineCrawd2000

DivineCrawd2000
4 years ago#421
I'll be honest, Final Fantasy VII.
Xbox Tag: ED ESTL PSN: SBChuck
SSFIV Main: Chun-Li Sub: Juri

User Info: lazycomplife

lazycomplife
4 years ago#422
So many old school gamers here :3
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards

User Info: Naesaki

Naesaki
4 years ago#423
Grandia PSOne version

Oh so many memories with that game

User Info: GameGuy777

GameGuy777
4 years ago#424
Pokemon Blue.
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae71/FenriSensei/Tags/Gameguy777.png

User Info: mhayes86

mhayes86
4 years ago#425
RPG elements: Zelda 1 & 2.
First actual RPG: Dragon Warrior on NES. I only recall not having a damn clue how to do anything since I was really young at the time.
First RPG played through entirely: Super Mario RPG, and I credit it as being what got me into the genre.

User Info: SobaNoodles

SobaNoodles
4 years ago#426
Morrowind. First JRPG was Final Fantasy X.

User Info: Monistic_Turtle

Monistic_Turtle
4 years ago#427
yup, FF7. Still love that game. Someone on the first page mentioned that they thought the game was over after the motorcycle scene. I thought the same thing! I had never played an rpg before and when I discovered there was a whole world map I was blown away.
Would you strongly disagree, slightly disagree, or only disagree with this sentence?

User Info: Dragonswkap

Dragonswkap
4 years ago#428
Super Mario RPG was the first.

Final Fantasy VII was the second.
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 3395 5826 5484 Name: Jack

User Info: Ginol_Enam

Ginol_Enam
4 years ago#429
Depends on how you want to count it. My real "first" was probably one of the Phantasy Stars and/or a Shining game. I had the Sega Channel on the Genesis, so I played a lot of stuff I wasn't very familiar with. The only reason I remember now what they were called is because I recognized them discovering them later. I didn't even know they were were referred to as RPGs, or what that acronym stood for.

Anyway, you couldn't save on Sega Channel, so I never got very far. The first time I heard what "that kind of game was called" was with Super Mario RPG. I rented it from blockbuster and had no idea why it was called RPG. I soon discovered it was like those Sega Channel games I had been playing (and was a little sad because it wasn't the game I wanted it to be).

I didn't really "get into" RPGs as a genre until Pokemon got me more familiar with the actual concepts and Dragon Warrior (the remakes on the GBC) got me interested in the more traditional RPGs. I then went exploring for the old school RPGs (I actually played Final Fantasy I for the NES before any of the PSX games, despite discovering the genre just a few years after FFVII came out) and started getting the newer ones as well.

User Info: DualShooter23

DualShooter23
4 years ago#430
Pokemon.......but Legend of Dragoon is truly the one that captivated me and made me the RPG loving gamer I am today.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived