Good Magical Attackers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: shadowsxfall

shadowsxfall
4 years ago#1
I am trying to put together a balanced familiar team for esther and need some suggestions. I'm still pretty early in the game (Just got the boat) and so far I have her equipped with Strongo, Sprout Sprite, and a Bone Ranger for Swain when I get to him. I want to have a balanced mage team where there is one super healer, one multi element mage, and a tanky mage. Not sure if some of those exist but some close suggestions could help.

User Info: thundy84

thundy84
4 years ago#2
1.) Lagoon Naiad - one of the best healers in the game - islands to the east of Castaway Cove, the ones with has atolls

2.) Turbandit - fast attack fast movement speed, great spells (storm + fire), great magic attack - desert area around Al Mamoon
PSN: thundy84

User Info: kkeevv

kkeevv
4 years ago#3
Tanky mage would be Lumberwood, on No Longer Mine island.
Check out my quote.

shadowsxfall
4 years ago#4
thundy84 posted...
1.) Lagoon Naiad - one of the best healers in the game - islands to the east of Castaway Cove, the ones with has atolls

2.) Turbandit - fast attack fast movement speed, great spells (storm + fire), great magic attack - desert area around Al Mamoon

Thanks for the reply, any other good aoe magical attackers?

shadowsxfall
4 years ago#5
Btw I forgot to ask, what version of the familiar should I metamorphosis on the lagoon naiad and the turbandit? Which of the two choices are better?

User Info: Zio_Dyne

Zio_Dyne
4 years ago#6
Shonky Honker apparently ends up with the highest magic stat in the game, though it's a slow build.
More importantly than that, he's hilarious; hopping around and tooting his nose-horn in the face of monsters that tower over him.
Something about fusing small animals with musical instruments...
It never fails >.<.

thundy84
4 years ago#7
shadowsxfall posted...
Btw I forgot to ask, what version of the familiar should I metamorphosis on the lagoon naiad and the turbandit? Which of the two choices are better?

It's really personal preference. For Turbandit, I went with Turban Myth because I needed fire attacks. For Lagoon Naiad, I preferred Greater Naiad because it has access to Upsy Daisy (heal) + Aurora Curealis (Field Heal + Status Ailment Cure) + Twinkle Twinkle (Field Light Attack).

User Info: tsukia8

tsukia8
4 years ago#8
Greater Naiad is definitely the way to go.
ZoSo! - Ni No Kuni: WotWW is taking over ROdyssey.

User Info: Hyperion_Dark

Hyperion_Dark
4 years ago#9
Phantasma is also extremely good.

Acee is as well.
PSN: Jorge_JavierX
()zzzzzzzzzz[]XX::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> <::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::XX[]zzzzzzzzzz()

thundy84
4 years ago#10
Yes, I have a Phantasma as well. It's an extremely good familiar for Dark/Fire. Acee, from the stats, looks great as well, but I haven't been able to catch the first form. =\ LoL

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived