How-To-Tutorial:Steal rarest items with 100% chance / Scroll of Truth, etc.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. How-To-Tutorial:Steal rarest items with 100% chance / Scroll of Truth, etc.

User Info: MadGamer

MadGamer
4 years ago#91
Avery28 posted...
dudeitscool posted...
My problem isn't the drop rates, it is the spawn rates of all the gold creatures. If they can't spawn I can't steal.

In the tombstone Trail there are 2 monsters very close to each other. Fight them and 1 AoE should kill everything except the Gold Monsters. 1 Mugshot and then kill those, rinse and repeat. Very easy, very fast - and every 5th fight there should be a gold monster.

Every 10th fight, ie. every 5-10 minutes max there should be a Honky Tonker. If unlucky, and it happens, every 15 minutes. Sometimes you'll find 2 in 2 minutes since they can also spawn directly on the map.

karat posted...
dudeitscool posted...
My problem isn't the drop rates, it is the spawn rates of all the gold creatures. If they can't spawn I can't steal.

Go to the middle save point. Go E, then N into the dark area. Cross the Bridge. At the junction, take the left (western) branch. At the next split, go N across the bridge. In the room there is a mob. I have always gotten a Honkey-Tonker in that battle. They're also common in other battles in that left branch. I haven't had any trouble getting them to spawn.

After failing to generate a gold glim in an hour, I decided to steal normally. 3 in 15 minutes so far. It would have been 10 minutes, but I spent 5 minutes casting thunderstorm to no avail.

I wish I had this luck. I was at it for about two hours and no area was better than another and no amount of battles guaranteed any in the next. Almost no gold monsters appeared for me and when they finally did they were Trumpy-Pumpers. So far I have only encountered two Honky-Tonkers and neither gave me a scroll.

At least I got Glim Reaper in the process.
"I won't leave you. I will never leave you again."

User Info: Ratchet_Fan8

Ratchet_Fan8
4 years ago#92
SulfurMonkey posted...
For the scrolls, just wait until golden honkey casts Love-Struck and then steal. Got the scroll EVERY time doing this.

i didnt.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/tou.html

User Info: Andre_Luiz1969

Andre_Luiz1969
4 years ago#93
The items needed to Recipe #60 (God´s Axe) can be obtained killing the Guardian of Worlds. He drops Scroll of Truth and Kaleidostone. I keep killing many times.
PSN: Andre_Luiz1969 - Crew Leader of Trophy Hunters BR
Dragons Dogma DA Pawn: Regina (Lvl.200, Ranger)

User Info: The_Maverick22

The_Maverick22
3 years ago#94
Nice Info :thumbs up:
---====PSN: Mav22X====---
Maverick22.Deviantart.com

User Info: Alphabott

Alphabott
3 years ago#95
Sadly, I can't get Golden Glims. I literally spent 30 minutes in one battle. Nothing. D:

Any helps???

User Info: bringthebedlam

bringthebedlam
3 years ago#96
This is brilliant! Thanks so much for this!

User Info: superstud69x

superstud69x
3 years ago#97
pretty nice method, thanks!
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

User Info: Blargmaster

Blargmaster
3 years ago#98
I'll put my two cents in. I've had much better luck with the "pulse" method. I haven't tried for Kaleidostones or Scrolls yet, but when farming Seeds of Discord I was able to get gold glims 3 times in relatively short time. As opposed to never getting one by defending.
"Heads were hung and tears were shed. Facing all but certain death, but some of us decided our last breath wouldn't exit as a gasp."

User Info: Aquanox

Aquanox
2 years ago#99
STEP 3: Locating Golden Honky-Tonker (or any other enemy for that matter)!

There are two versions of Honky-Tonker that exist in the game.
Blue-version with piano-on-head is found in Ivory Tower, while golden Honky-Tonker roams The Tombstone Trial. Note that golden Honky can only be found once you've completed the game!

Quick question, so does that mean the golden honky tonker can only be found after I finish the game?
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: Jake2099

Jake2099
2 years ago#100
Aquanox posted...
STEP 3: Locating Golden Honky-Tonker (or any other enemy for that matter)!

There are two versions of Honky-Tonker that exist in the game.
Blue-version with piano-on-head is found in Ivory Tower, while golden Honky-Tonker roams The Tombstone Trial. Note that golden Honky can only be found once you've completed the game!

Quick question, so does that mean the golden honky tonker can only be found after I finish the game?

Yes, no golden familiars can be found until postgame
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. How-To-Tutorial:Steal rarest items with 100% chance / Scroll of Truth, etc.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.