Other JRPGs for PS3 (recommendations plz)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. Other JRPGs for PS3 (recommendations plz)

User Info: pakathecat

pakathecat
4 years ago#91
I mentioned it in another thread here, but if you like this, take a look at Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny as well. It doesn't get much attention or love, and is a Wii port, but really is a fun, charming, and addictive game. Some similar elements to Ni No Kuni-- monster taming/collecting and using them to fight, crafting system, lots of questing for NPC, and similar feel with the graphics, very colorful.

It is a pretty easy game (especially if you grind and exploit the crafting system) and very lighthearted, combat pretty fast-paced (more typical ARPG there). You can also have a family and expand and customize your home a bit. The farming is much more simplified than in other Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games, but I didn't think it was really a bad thing because there was so much else to do. Just made it feel more like an RPG than a farming sim.

User Info: MidianGTX

MidianGTX
4 years ago#92
DaRq_MiNoS posted...
Amrath posted...
On that point there is currently a huge sale on of a lot of the older Final Fantasy games on the PSN right now. I grabbed 5-9 for £20 the day after getting Ni No Kuni.

Are they seriously playable? I'm not the hugest stickler for graphics, but a lot of games from the last gen just don't cut it, especially controls wise... I tried playing Resident Evil 4 HD (I played it back in the day on PS2) and I couldn't get over how horrible the controls were, they hadn't invented the whole right-stick steer/left-stick move idea yet.

Bring out your inner gamer and adapt.
GFAQs - Where anything is grounds for moderation, courtesy of selective wordplay.
XBL: DDR Midian / PSN: MidianGTX
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. Other JRPGs for PS3 (recommendations plz)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived