What's your least favorite "generic RPG" locale?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. What's your least favorite "generic RPG" locale?

User Info: BlazingGunny

BlazingGunny
4 years ago#41
FF8 prison... ugh... Up. Down. Up Down. Up. Down, What? Secret Rosetta Stone? *Turns off game*
If there's a sound to play, that doesn't fit today, why not just play the b*stard anyway!
PSN: Gunblade-XP

User Info: SupahJem

SupahJem
4 years ago#42
Didn't Tales of the Abyss have a sewers area too? When Natalia was just escaping/you're learning about her? Only seeing people mention Symphonia's sewer.
Xbox Live Gamertag: SupahJem

User Info: Draugnipur

Draugnipur
4 years ago#43
Thanatos2k posted...

And of course there's Breath of Fire 3's desert which ruined deserts forevermore.

This, many times this
Not overly fond of prisons either
http://backloggery.com
what happens if I press this?............................er, run.

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
4 years ago#44
Volcano/fire type areas.

Old Smoky, Fire Cavern, Mt. Gulg, Barrel Volcano (this one wasn't so bad with the Axem Rangers outside), so on.
Playing: Ni no Kuni - Captain Whamtastic http://i.imgur.com/IVH6BX0.jpg
Dragon Quest>Ys>SMT>Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five. Da Bears!

User Info: dudeitscool

dudeitscool
4 years ago#45
Taizuku posted...
Generic Ice level.

Same here, hate ice and or snow levels.
Looking at the big picture is easier on the eyes...

User Info: naaros

naaros
4 years ago#46
I would have to agree with sewers being the worst. I still have horror stories thinking about the sewer in Xenogears... *shudders*

User Info: davidvinc

davidvinc
4 years ago#47
SupahJem posted...
Didn't Tales of the Abyss have a sewers area too? When Natalia was just escaping/you're learning about her? Only seeing people mention Symphonia's sewer.

There are many JRPGs with sewers, however, I specifically mentioned only the ones that were horrible. Some, like Abyss, EarthBound and NiNoKuni, were actually somewhat tolerable.
Check out my collection and leave a comment!
http://backloggery.com/davidvinc

User Info: MidianGTX

MidianGTX
4 years ago#48
I'm not a fan of deserts either, mainly because the landscape is so empty and dull. I also dislike the typical late-game period when everything turns dark and depressing, why can't it stay bright and colourful the whole time?
GFAQs - Where anything is grounds for moderation, courtesy of selective wordplay.
XBL: DDR Midian / PSN: MidianGTX

User Info: Bane766

Bane766
4 years ago#49
I have to agree that I like the fire, ice, and desert areas as it does make it seem like more of an adventure. I also think it's neat to be inside creature and escaping. And, maybe it's me, but I've always loved a good jailbreak/prison escape...it used to be damn near mandatory thing in a JRPG.

I'm not a huge fan of them putting a futuristic level at the end of the game in a normally fantasy(medieval) type world.

I'll also add a vote to sewers-usually because of all the levers and doors and other hassles you have to deal with-someone mentioned Xenogears and ToS as an example which are good ones. Sometimes they can be done right-they just don't need to be a twisting labyrinth.
Douleur Peur Mort

User Info: Zio_Dyne

Zio_Dyne
4 years ago#50
The extreme environments provide contrast and serve to make the world feel larger than it is.
Plus snow is just awesome, volcanic areas always have a sense of urgency to them, and deserts are an interesting source of exotic desperation.

Sewers.......why the hell are there always sewers?
I don't want to play with the rats in a dank cesspool or create a path through the unnecessarily convoluted use of trash compactors.
I don't want to see the light at the end of the tunnel, only for some grimer to fall off the ceiling and assault me.
Not cool.
Note to all future castle-makers: stop building secret sewer escape tunnels thank you please.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. What's your least favorite "generic RPG" locale?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived