Instant Kill Tricks

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: DarkZeroGS

DarkZeroGS
4 years ago#1
okay are there any instant kill tricks out there? Since currently I just entered miasma marshes and I fought some monsters there. When all of a sudden one of them put me to sleep and then the other monster casted a trick on me which made me die instantly.

User Info: Aceviper

Aceviper
4 years ago#2
yes there are
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone

User Info: Aakla

Aakla
4 years ago#3
that happened to me a few times through out the game. only happened to me in that part of the game like twice. It shouldn't be a regular thing.

User Info: the void

the void
4 years ago#4
They seem to have a really low chance to work.

When I went through the miasma marsh, an enemy insta-killed Esther just as another enemy had hearts appear over it. That was the only time I've been hit with an insta-kill.
void in your head, void between your ears, void everywhere

User Info: Glamador

Glamador
4 years ago#5
the void posted...
They seem to have a really low chance to work.

When I went through the miasma marsh, an enemy insta-killed Esther just as another enemy had hearts appear over it. That was the only time I've been hit with an insta-kill.

There are insta-kill tricks for single target and AOE, as well as some Golden Glim attacks with the same effect but better.

I have never had them work in any reliable capacity. But they DO work on my partymates fairly often, so I make sure to kill all enemies that I know can use them. The Sinister Sovereigns (Ice Maiden group) always die first (unless there's a Toko in the party) for instance.

The only time I can ever recall an insta-kill spell being useful in a JRPG is...gods all the way back in Breath of Fire 2 where the Giant Slime on Monster Island was vulnerable to it to the extent that it worked every time.

User Info: the void

the void
4 years ago#6
Glamador posted...

The only time I can ever recall an insta-kill spell being useful in a JRPG is...gods all the way back in Breath of Fire 2 where the Giant Slime on Monster Island was vulnerable to it to the extent that it worked every time.

Wow, I vaguely remember that Island.

Instant kills are good in most of the megaTen games. In some of them weakness == 100% accuracy, and pretty much all undead/slime/etc are weak to expel and most angels are weak against death.
void in your head, void between your ears, void everywhere

User Info: TohruAdachi

TohruAdachi
4 years ago#7
Yeah the Gemini or Ghost familiars or whatever usually have a dark skill that instantly kills you with a quite low chance though I wouldn't rely to much on it

User Info: Lamesy

Lamesy
4 years ago#8
Don't forget the infamous Final Fantasy VI (III SNES-US) Vanish/X-Zone trick!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived