Some questions about familiars

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. Some questions about familiars

User Info: mohit9206

mohit9206
8 months ago#1
I am at the Perdida grinding tokotokos. Currently level 60 with the following familiars
Oliver - Mitey Mite, Turban Legend, Jackrabbot
Esther - Sea Naid, Strongo, Ice Queen
Swaine - Megalith, Dumbelemur, Sasquash
Is this good enough to beat the main story? I don't care about the post game content, i just want to know if this will get me through the main story without any problems?
I know these aren't really good familiars but I don't have the patience to catch the good ones and level them up.
On my way to Miasma Marshes to Shadar's castle, how far am i till the end of the game?
Also all my familiars are second form, i don't have the patience to get them their final form and level them up all over again. So is the game beatable using only second form familiars or is evolving to third form mandatory? Thanks.

User Info: c_s_tadsen

c_s_tadsen
8 months ago#2
No spoilers... You've got plenty of time before the end of the game.

Your familiars should easily be able to reach third form before the final boss. As for if they are good enough... That depends on your skills as a player. They certainly can do the job, but they're not going to steamroll every minion and boss from where you are until the credits roll, either. You'll have to work for it a bit.
---
He did WHAT?!?! I'm going to shove a rabid wombat up his...!

mohit9206
8 months ago#3
c_s_tadsen posted...
No spoilers... You've got plenty of time before the end of the game.

Your familiars should easily be able to reach third form before the final boss. As for if they are good enough... That depends on your skills as a player. They certainly can do the job, but they're not going to steamroll every minion and boss from where you are until the credits roll, either. You'll have to work for it a bit.

Thanks. I just beat Shadar using this setup.
Oliver - Dynamite, Puss in Bouts, Turban legend
Esther - Lesser spotted naid, Electrongo, Sinister Sovereign
Swaine - Paleolith, Sugar Plum sprite, Astrolynx
I feel this is a pretty good setup.
Shadar was super easy at lvl 67.
Is this the end of the main story or do I still have to face off against the White Witch?

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
8 months ago#4
You've got a decent bit of story left. An entire continent yet to explore.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

mohit9206
8 months ago#5
Alltra posted...

I easily beat the final boss in the Ivory tower last night at lvl 70. Good game. 48 hours on the clock.

User Info: NeoHawk9

NeoHawk9
8 months ago#6
mohit9206 posted...
Alltra posted...

I easily beat the final boss in the Ivory tower last night at lvl 70. Good game. 48 hours on the clock.

That is cause of the grinding, i did the same but now regret farming tokos, it just makes you steamroll anything the game throws at you. Now doing a run w/o the grinding, overall a more enjoyable experience

User Info: c_s_tadsen

c_s_tadsen
8 months ago#7
NeoHawk9 posted...
mohit9206 posted...

That is cause of the grinding, i did the same but now regret farming tokos, it just makes you steamroll anything the game throws at you. Now doing a run w/o the grinding, overall a more enjoyable experience

I agree... Too much Toko grinding just drags things out too much. I did that one time, but now I only do a very little bit on each area they appear (maybe 3-5 levels across the party, tops, just enough for a little boost.) The one time I do use them to grind is post-game, when I'm trying to get one of each familiar for the book; it's often just as easy to spam a couple tokotocold using a lower tier unit and then upgrade it, as it is to hunt down the higher tier form.

Oh, and I do continue to grind the basic Toko on Ugly Duckling Island until I've captured two of them. They make surprisingly useful familiars once they reach their third form... they are just as stupid-fast on the move when YOU control them, and they can learn Parp, a great AoE move.
<(0.0<) <(0.0)^ ^(0.0)^ ^(0.0)> (>0.0)>==============O
"Kirby... Ka... Me... Ha... Me... HAAAAA!!!!!!"

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
8 months ago#8
The funny thing, is that the game gives you a stupidly high amount experience just from mandatory fights alone. Try doing a Low Level Game once, you'll see. It contributes too that Oliver is so powerful, especially at the end when he gets the big 3: Evenstar, Mornstar, and Astra. Although his most OP spell is probably Cloudburst with the Nix Status Effect. It pretty much cripples enemies.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. Some questions about familiars

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived