Coming back to this game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Rawe

Rawe
4 weeks ago#1
I left the game a while ago while catchingnfamiliars, but now I'm back and will get platinum. I'm just wondering though, I put my good familiars away so I could level up other ones for familiarologist. How do I figure out which familiar goes with which character again? I think Esther had the lumberjack, swaine had the yellow lemur...also can I teach my dinocerous earsplitter? I heard that it's really good.
PS4 - PS3 - PS Vita - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ

User Info: Jedi256

Jedi256
4 weeks ago#2
When you are sorting your familiars from the main menu you will see little sprites jumping up and down if you select a familiar that is best used with a specific character. Dinoceros learns earsplitter in it's 2nd form, level 7.
3DS FC: 3265-5622-4803
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Echoes, Zelda: BotW, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, KH1.5 HD Remaster

User Info: Rawe

Rawe
4 weeks ago#3
Hmm I didn't learn earsplitter, ok so in creature cage if they jump up and down then they are good with the character they on?
PS4 - PS3 - PS Vita - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ

User Info: TeslaCoi1

TeslaCoi1
3 weeks ago#4
Rawe posted...
ok so in creature cage if they jump up and down then they are good with the character they on?

Lol, no. You completely misunderstood his explanation. He said when you are sorting your familiars. And he didn't say anything about the creature cage being involved here (it isn't).

You go to the menu where you can check all your characters and familiars' equipment and arts, and then you select any familiar you want from the ones you currently have in your team, and then you hit the square button as you normally would if you wanted to move them to one of your other allied characters or to the reserves. When you have hit square to do this, you will see three small icons above each character (Oliver, Esther, Swaine, and Marcassin)'s familiar team. They will look different for each charcater, since each character prefers different types of familiars. Now, unless the familiar in question belongs to the Arcana genus (because none of the characters likes those), you should see one of the icons above one of the characters "jumping" or moving slightly up and down, to denote that that character likes that familiar (and any other familiars belonging to the same genus).

That's as thorough and detailed an explanation I can manage. Hopefully you should find it now. Also, there is no feasible way you could have "not learned earsplitter" when your Dinoceros reached level 7 in his second form, if that's what you're saying. Are you sure you didn't just miss the "second form" part? He learns it when he's a level 7 Destroceros, not when he's a level 7 Dinoceros.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived