The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Winged recruitable on tier IV of the Palace!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
  3. Winged recruitable on tier IV of the Palace!

User Info: coineineagh

coineineagh
4 years ago#1
Level 77, Heavenly General Battle, 2 Winged Beast Tamers present. I missed this on my first run, because it was my first HG fight, and I wasn't paying attention yet for a Winged. I desperately needed one for a Body Swap, so that Canopus and Iuria could both scavenge human-only skills.

I searched everywhere, but gave up. The Ogre Blade also drops in floor 115, but I didn't use the one from level 100 yet. In retrospect i could have gotten both swaps done in 1 run of the palace.

Now I'm wondering if I can retreat from the Blackmoor battle on 100, to get a blade for swapping on 77, then re-do the Blackmoor battle for an Ogre blade to swap with a Lamia (level89) for my future Matriarch's human-only skills, and still leave the palace with the blade drop on 115. I'll soon find out if it's possible.

For reference:
Lamia - 89
Winged - 77
Zombie Human - 102
Orc - 77 & 89
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good." - Thomas Paine

User Info: beatumdown

beatumdown
4 years ago#2
I don't see why not. ^_^
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}

User Info: gemeni_ano

gemeni_ano
4 years ago#3
Ahurama battle at 77 has two winged beast tamers with very high loyalty rate.. Pretty hard to recruit..
Asurama battle at 89 has 4 archers(2 orcs and 2 lamias) all with the same skillset as coin described and also has a very high loyalty to their bosses..
I'll just recruit one outside since i have the sword now then i'll come back for the ogre shield which i didn't get from looting the two liches..
Random question, where can you farm shiftstone for crafting P.Guides?
"The winds of Hades, colder than a blizzard in the midst of winter!" - Soul King Brook, OP 661

User Info: beatumdown

beatumdown
4 years ago#4
I got this from the boards for "Shift Stones:

The battle at reisan way when you have to save ravness, the leader drops 3.
Ndamsa fort when you go to save cistina, again boss drops 3.
{{If you "Act" up, then you must get "Jacked" up!}}

User Info: gemeni_ano

gemeni_ano
4 years ago#5
Thanks a lot beat! Now i have to repeat Ravness battle i guess..
"The winds of Hades, colder than a blizzard in the midst of winter!" - Soul King Brook, OP 661

coineineagh
4 years ago#6
gemeni_ano posted...
Ahurama battle at 77 has two winged beast tamers with very high loyalty rate.. Pretty hard to recruit..
Asurama battle at 89 has 4 archers(2 orcs and 2 lamias) all with the same skillset as coin described and also has a very high loyalty to their bosses..
I'll just recruit one outside since i have the sword now then i'll come back for the ogre shield which i didn't get from looting the two liches..

If you need the shield, remember to World before going back to the Palace. In my game, I couldn't get Blackmoor a 2nd time, despite having multiple copies of all the wind weapons.

After worlding, I found that I could farm Thunderfire katana on floor 88, which should have been a story batte. Now I know why: I scavenged Mirdyn for skills. the Rodrick battle is out, then. Re-recruiting Mirdyn isnt possible without overwriting all the Anchor Points from CH4 onwards. I just hope that Blackmoor will still appear on floor 100: He should be separate from the Warren questline. If I can retreat-farm Ogre Blades repeatedly, it would help a great deal.

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
4 years ago#7
You cannot retreat from the Blackmoor battle.
"A waitress needs only dinner knives and coffee." - Wild Arms Alter Code: F

coineineagh
4 years ago#8
Dorami posted...
You cannot retreat from the Blackmoor battle.

That's too bad. I was hoping he'd be like a Heavenly General... I just hope he appears now that I worlded back..
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
  3. Winged recruitable on tier IV of the Palace!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived