Is there a set difficulty or can you change it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alan Wake: The Signal
  3. Is there a set difficulty or can you change it?

User Info: Greatplainsmonk

Greatplainsmonk
7 years ago#1
Just wondering. I just can't get past the church basement and the last save I have for the regular game is on nightmare, so I'm wondering if I'm playing the DLC on that difficulty or if you can or cannot change it.

User Info: ChobinatorII

ChobinatorII
7 years ago#2
I believe my last playthrough was on Nightmare as well and I felt like the DLC played as if it were on normal mode. In the basement, I found it not too hard if I ran around that first corner and took a sharp right to trigger the first wave of guys. Then I backed up towards the entrance stairs, lighting up the blast furnaces as I went (those things killed EVERYTHING!). Then I walked out and towards the left to trigger a second set of guys. I still had a ton of furnaces left and repeated that. I think that was it. I only had to fire a few shots total.

Hope you can get through it!
Gamertag: Chobinator II

User Info: Barren

Barren
7 years ago#3
My last save was on Nightmare as well, but when I started up the DLC from the episodes menu, it prompted me to choose a difficulty setting again.

User Info: dratsablive

dratsablive
7 years ago#4
Finished my first playthrough on main game, on Hard. When I started the DLC, I wasn't prompted for a difficulty level. So I assumed it started on Hard.
Wii Number 7925 2713 7084 6965 Add Me :)
Xbox Live dratsablive

User Info: pc-ps360

pc-ps360
7 years ago#5

guys nooooooooo u dont get prompted at least i did not. i finish alan wake on nightmare and when i downloaded the dlc, to play it go to chapter select and choose ur difficulty normal hard or nightmare and u will find an extra chapter called signal in each difficulty

User Info: zpoope

zpoope
7 years ago#6
It defaults to normal unless you go through episode select.
It's not the poop. It's the mystery... behind the poop.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h118/zpoop/z.gif

User Info: Byshop

Byshop
7 years ago#7

Mine did not prompt but it definately felt like Normal. Faster, weaker enemies took one shot instead of two like they did on my Hard playthrough.

-Byshop

1. Boards
  2. Alan Wake: The Signal
  3. Is there a set difficulty or can you change it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived