cole, toro, kuro, megaman and pacman

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter X Tekken
  3. cole, toro, kuro, megaman and pacman

User Info: CyborgTwenty

CyborgTwenty
5 years ago#1
could have been 5 street fighter and tekken characters.

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
5 years ago#2
OBJECTION.

Toro, Kuro and Cole are because Sony wanted their own exclusive characters. Toro and Kuro have about 25% of the work put into making them compared to a regular character. They're Ryu and Kazuya clones but shorter.

We don't know about Mega Man and Pac-Man yet but Pac-Man is said to be like Mokujin - a character thats basically an alternate costume to other characters and plays 100% identical to them.
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth."

User Info: WingedRegent

WingedRegent
5 years ago#3

could have been 5 street fighter and tekken characters.

How would that have worked? If an SF character is linked to a Tekken character as per usual, the roster would be uneven. The only one I agree with is Mega Man and Pac-Man since they're from the two companies making the game, so they obviously could've not put them in and put in someone else. Toro, Kuro, and Cole are a third-party company, so chances are that Capcom and Namco hit a satisfactory number of characters and got a deal from Sony to include three guests if they had the room.
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82

User Info: zhaoyun99

zhaoyun99
5 years ago#4
Toro and Kuro are kinda like a cheap imitation of how Melty Blood did with the cats tbh.
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun

User Info: Da_doppen

Da_doppen
5 years ago#5

Pac-Man is said to be like Mokujin

No, he is said to be riding upon a Mokujin.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names!

User Info: MeepleLardicle

MeepleLardicle
5 years ago#6
Da_doppen posted...
Pac-Man is said to be like Mokujin
No, he is said to be riding upon a Mokujin.

That's only if you take Lupiniko's twitter literally. Given how Lupiniko works, I highly doubt that's the case, and "Pacman functions like Mokujin" seems more likely.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Pacman = Mokujin for Tekken side, and Megaman = Mokujin for Street Fighter side.
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!

User Info: Da_doppen

Da_doppen
5 years ago#7

That's only if you take Lupiniko's twitter literally. Given how Lupiniko works, I highly doubt that's the case, and "Pacman functions like Mokujin" seems more likely.

I disagree. IIRC, he posted a silouette of a mokujin with Pac-man on his back before, and he has yet to make any similar suggestions with Megaman. And it would make no sense to have Megaman be a new character while Pac-Man is a mimic character.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names!

CyborgTwenty
5 years ago#8
they should call this game

Street Fighter x Tekken x Final Fight x MegaMan x Infamous x Sony Cats x Pacman

User Info: ChamillionLive

ChamillionLive
5 years ago#9
MeepleLardicle posted...
Da_doppen posted...
Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Pacman = Mokujin for Tekken side, and Megaman = Mokujin for Street Fighter side.

Me neither. Before the fight MM's armor could probably turn into a palette for another SF character.
This space for rent.

CyborgTwenty
5 years ago#10
the main factor here is time. the time that went into these 5 could have gone into 5 street fighter and tekken fighters.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter X Tekken
  3. cole, toro, kuro, megaman and pacman

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived