Seriously? Rufus going to be nerfed already? Why?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter X Tekken
  3. Seriously? Rufus going to be nerfed already? Why?

User Info: Chain_Strike

Chain_Strike
4 years ago#121
-vIc-LeGeND posted...
Chain_Strike posted...
mashing didnt work against akuma's shaku hadoken even if its -5 on block. couldnt mash it to get a hit. how many times must i tell you that?

Dude I'll give u this,...it might as well be less cuz its hard as hell,...

Cuz Julia's super art is 1fr... And tested on Rufus forward middle kick(-1 on hit)and was only able to land it like 2 times outta like 20 tries and that's with me knowing its coming.....

So in other words this dude needs to stop whining cuz -4 ain't punishable by everyone

alot of characters have 4f normals...but doesnt matter i dont main rufus so im worried.
Juri, the greatest character in existence. She taunts, breaks, laughs, and soothes your pain with her feet. Or will make a suggestive remark about you.

User Info: -vIc-LeGeND

-vIc-LeGeND
4 years ago#122
Chain_Strike posted...
-vIc-LeGeND posted...
Chain_Strike posted...
mashing didnt work against akuma's shaku hadoken even if its -5 on block. couldnt mash it to get a hit. how many times must i tell you that?

Dude I'll give u this,...it might as well be less cuz its hard as hell,...

Cuz Julia's super art is 1fr... And tested on Rufus forward middle kick(-1 on hit)and was only able to land it like 2 times outta like 20 tries and that's with me knowing its coming.....

So in other words this dude needs to stop whining cuz -4 ain't punishable by everyone

alot of characters have 4f normals...but doesnt matter i dont main rufus so im worried.

Well I guess 4frame normal is easier to punish with then a 4frame special, since you to take into consideration you inputting the motion as opposed to just pressing the button

And you're worried even if you don't use Rufus?
gT= Ix UBOAF xI pSn=UBOAF
Sf4: Blanka,cammy,ONI, www.youtube.com/UBOAF

User Info: soggytoast11

soggytoast11
4 years ago#123
We don't know what -4 means.

On dive kicks, the frame advantage is dependent on how low to the ground you hit the other character. -4 might be the frame advantage of hitting Hugo while standing in the forehead. But it also might mean -4 by clipping your opponent in the knee (although I doubt it).

Chain_Strike
4 years ago#124
meant to say not. sorry. i apoligize for what i said earlier. could have sworn otherwise.
Juri, the greatest character in existence. She taunts, breaks, laughs, and soothes your pain with her feet. Or will make a suggestive remark about you.

-vIc-LeGeND
4 years ago#125
soggytoast11 posted...
We don't know what -4 means.

On dive kicks, the frame advantage is dependent on how low to the ground you hit the other character. -4 might be the frame advantage of hitting Hugo while standing in the forehead. But it also might mean -4 by clipping your opponent in the knee (although I doubt it).

This to.....

-vIc-LeGeND
4 years ago#126
Chain_Strike posted...
meant to say not. sorry. i apoligize for what i said earlier. could have sworn otherwise.

It's all good...likes said it might as well be that way cuz we are talking about 1frame (1/60th) of a second. That's difficult

Chain_Strike
4 years ago#127
-vIc-LeGeND posted...
Chain_Strike posted...

It's all good...likes said it might as well be that way cuz we are talking about 1frame (1/60th) of a second. That's difficult

either way -4 on block with a 4f jab is difficult anyway almost not worth attempting.

User Info: Run_2_the_Hills

Run_2_the_Hills
4 years ago#128
-vIc-LeGeND posted...
I guess 4frame normal is easier to punish with then a 4frame special, since you to take into consideration you inputting the motion as opposed to just pressing the button

And you're worried even if you don't use Rufus?

nah a punish special is a lot easier because of the reversal window. to punish with a normal you gotta hit it like a link. and depending on how small the punish window is it could be hard.

User Info: J-Don-Bonne

J-Don-Bonne
4 years ago#129
Chain_Strike posted...
-vIc-LeGeND posted...
Chain_Strike posted...

either way -4 on block with a 4f jab is difficult anyway almost not worth attempting.

This. It's actually not a bad nerf in the slightest for this very reason. You either need to anti-air (not very easy considering how bad they are this game around), air throw him out of it (which only certain characters can even do), or punish it with a frame perfect jab or short that only a few certain characters even have access to.

'-' Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah. That's still a very, very solid dive kick AND move option in a game with no parrying, X-Factor, 1-frame supers, "Just-Defends", or Roll Cancels...

Even Auto block would be a bad idea since you'd still have to have frame perfect timing for the jab punish.
Not changing this sig until Capcom vs SNK 2: Millionaire Fight 2001 comes out on PSN and XBox Live.
"This battle is about to explode!''

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
4 years ago#130

I posted this a few pages back.

Someone should look up the worst case frame disadvantage on his current divekick.

Also, I guess one other possibility is that it may be a mistranslation, perhaps they actually meant that dive kick lost 4 frames of hitstun, thus dropping it from +5 at best to +1, which is a fairly substantial nerf but I don't think that's totally unfair.
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "PSX Bishi Bashi Special 3"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter X Tekken
  3. Seriously? Rufus going to be nerfed already? Why?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived