Review by SNS

Reviewed: 03/18/02 | Updated: 03/18/02

This is more then a mere game

Seaman for Dreamcast is more then a mere game. Seaman is a creature that you can talk to & take care of. This is my review for this game (if you can even call it a game).

Gameplay - 10/10

The point of the game is to take care of the half man, half fish known as Seaman. You can changed the tempature of the tank, add in more air, change the lighting, or feed Seaman food from the Food Matrix. The first thing you do is go to the Food Matrix & get an Egg then drop it in the tank. Set the tempature so that it's in blue text but be careful not to set it too high. The amount of air on the other hand can't be too high. After a few minutes the egg will hatch. At first you have to take care of Seaman's first evolutionary form. Mushroomer. It can't talk or do much of anything. You have to get it to change but I won't say how to seeing as this is a review. Later on Seaman will ask you questions. He doesn't understand a lot of speech though so you may have to stick to one-two word answers.

Story - 10/10

Seaman is a creature that was thought to be a myth until someone found a live specimen. They tried to take care of it but it died. They managed to get eggs from it & you get to hatch one of them. This is the story of Seaman.

Audio/Video - 10/10

The graphics in the game are great. Seaman looks really realistic. Seaman's lips move correctly to the words he talks. The sound is great, you can really hear Seaman's voice. Some might complain over the lack of music but I don't, I prefer the relaxing sound of bubbles rising.

Replayability - 10/10

Seaman has many many different responses so you will replay this game a lot. Most likely you will never play the same file a lot though for reasons I can't say without spoiling the ending of the game.

To buy or to rent? - Buy

Buy this game! If you don't have a Dreamcast buy it to get this game. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Overall Score - 10

Seaman is clearly one of the greatest games ever created (at least in my opinion). Do yourself a favor & buy it. So another review by SNS ends, I hope you like it :)

Rating:   5.0 - Flawless

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.