Will RT2 run on Windows 7?
I would like to know, before I buy the product, if it will run on Windows 7
Gryphomagus - 7 years ago
Top Voted Answer
This seems to work for most people with setup.exe problem:
If you have the CD of RAILROAD TYCOON II - GOLD EDITION and still have and computer working on XP, (should work on VISTA too).
1. You have to install the game on the old XP computer. then copy all the game files on a USB flash drive (or cd's,dvd's).
2. Then copy all the files on your laptop or pc working on Windows 7 64 Bits.
3. Then insert you cd game into the laptop BUT DON'T launch the game via the CD, it won't work.
Instead go into your copied files and then select the start icon of the game with RT2_TSC name. Then use right click to open the menu and select the last item properties via left click. select the tab compatibility on top and select the compatibility mode to Windows XP service pack 2 and click OK or APPLY.
4. Launch (ALWAYS) the game via the icon RT2_TSC on copied files (not the CD), be a bit patient it takes about 15 sec to launch then the screen will go black first then to the start menu of the game.
5. ATTENTION your game might be in black and white and bad quality at first DON'T WORRY, just a setting to change. Start a game then go for setting icon on the left of the screen and in GENERAL set the COLOR MODE to 16 BIT (4TH line of settings) then it should become in color with good quality. change all the other settings you want after that.
6. You're all set, and enjoy your old game as I do.
Hope this helps.
chaoyun2k - 1 year ago
This question has been successfully answered and closed.