How to transfer game from Nintendo 3DS XL to New Nintendo 2DS XL?

1. Okay so I recently bought the new Nintendo 2DS XL which uses a microSD card. I want to transfer a game from the SD card on my old Nintendo 3DS XL (not the new version) to my 2DS. The SD card from my 3DS does not fit into the 2DS. According to the Nintendo website I can do a data transfer by putting my old SD card into my PC, dragging the data to the desktop, and then putting the new microSD card in and putting the data onto there.

Thing is I don't know if both SD cards will fit into my PC, and I also don't know if this would actually allow me to play the game on my new 2DS. Every time I look somewhere else to figure it out I get told to put the SD card from my old 3DS into my 2DS, which as far as I'm aware is impossible because the 3DS card is too big. Help? (:

User Info: spacefox

spacefox - 3 months ago

1. The New 2DS XL can use both cards. Any games you have on the cards should play just as well on the New 2DS. If you just want to put a game on the microSD card and your PC doesn't have a slot then you can likely get the game transferred at a game store or by purchasing a micro sd card reader for as little as $5.00 US. Some of the readers cost more but should work with any PC made in this century.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 3 months ago 0 0