Corrupted file?

1. Okay, so I was playing DQIX and all of a sudden, on my DS3 it switched off. I tried it thrice but it kept switching off. By switching off I mean the entire system, not just the game. I put the dqix gamecard in my DS, and it said it was corrupted. I restarted from a church I'd saved at and the game continued fairly well without any glitches.
    So my question is,
    Was the problem relative to only the game or is there a problem with the 3DS? And if with any, why? I don't use the internet at all. I also switch off the game carefully, no chance of a shut down mistake. So what exactly was the problem and why?

User Info: Corvus_29

Corvus_29 - 4 months ago

1. A corrupted file is usually only the file. Sometimes electronic units can develop a problem (a short of some kind) that will corrupt files on a regular basis. That is uncommon and can only be fixed by usually a licensed repair tech.

As long as you don't regularly get corrupted files you should be fine and rest assured that it was a fluke. If you start getting more corrupted files on other games then you likely need to repair or replace the console. If it only occurs on a certain cart, then about the only thing you can do is get a new cart.

Good luck.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 3 months ago 0 0