A good electric type?

1. well the title says it all... i was wondering if ampharos was good? if it is please come with a move set and any suggestoins i might want to train ev on... and where to get the best ev . and i was also wondering about Electivre. will he work when you trade from platnium to heart gold or soul silver if you can what is that item that goes with it when you trade an electibuzz to make it an electivre

User Info: PokPoke

PokPoke - 7 years ago
    What does rain dance do anyways? does it boost up special attack?

User Info: PokPoke

PokPoke - 7 years ago
    Okay I got an electivire and I just got it to 90 and his move set is thunder punch fire punch brick break and earthquake is that good

User Info: PokPoke

PokPoke - 7 years ago
    Hi. If you would like information about an electric type pokemon for you to Ev train, then e-mail me. my E-mail is blazejnz@yahoo.com i would love to give you great ideas about what to choose. but before we can do that i will require more information. Thanks.

User Info: EvilMonkey5268

EvilMonkey5268 - 7 years ago

1. My rating scale is Bad, Mediocre, Decent, Good, or Great.

Raichu - Mediocre Stats, good Movepool. Decent Electric Pokemon.
    Electrode - Good Speed, average Movepool. Bad Electric Pokemon.
    Jolteon - Good Speed and Sp.Atk, great Movepool. Great Electric Pokemon.
    Zapdos - Great Electric Pokemon, Legendary Status restrictions.
    Lanturn - Bad Stats, great Movepool, unpredictable. Good Electric Pokemon
    Ampharos - Good Sp.Atk, bad Movepool. Mediocre Electric Pokemon.
    Raikou - See Zapdos.
    Manectric - Decent stats, mediocre Movepool. Mediocre Electric Pokemon.
    Plusle & Minun - Terrible in Single Battles, decent in Double Battles.
    Luxray - Great Attack, good Movepool. Great Electric Pokemon.
    Pachirisu - Bad stats, good Movepool. Bad Electric Pokemon.
    Magnezone - Good Sp.Atk, good Movepool, Magnet Rise counteracts 4x Ground Weakness. Great Electric Pokemon.
    Electivire - Good Attack, good Movepool, Great Electric Pokemon.
    Rotom - Decent stats, great Movepool, 6 forms (regular + 5 appliances). Great Electric Pokemon.
    Arceus (Zap Plate) - Generally banned from play in any form.

As for Rain Dance, read:
    www.serebii.net/games/weather.shtml#rain

User Info: Kraleck

Kraleck (Expert) - 7 years ago 3 1

Answers

1. Well, Ampharos is a good one, I recommend Speed Ev train (3 evs Raichu, Crobat, Pidgeot, 2 evs, medicham, staravia, floatzel) and moveset: Thunder, Thunder wave, Brick break and Iron tail (i'm not good for movesets). Electabuzz evolves by trding while holding a electrizer. Electivire, Defense Ev train (3 evs, Golem and poliwrath 2 evs, Graveler Steelix and silcoon) Moveset: Thunder punch, Ice punch, earthquake and light screen (once again i'm not good for movesets).

User Info: NoNoRocker

NoNoRocker - 7 years ago 0 3
  2. Good Electrics include Magnezone, which is a complete Special Sweeper, and can also be an effective wall. It has a deep movepool including Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt. Rain Dancing Magnezone with Thunder is also effective.
    Electrivire gives intensity. With the ability to learn elemental punches, it brings a punch to your team with a physical pack and can also be a very good wall.
    Ampharos can be speed EVed and also be strong in special as well. Thunderbolt and Brick Break / Focus Blast definitely can get your opponent off guard, while Rain Dancing can be good as well. Last move should be either Thunder Wave or Hidden Power Grass / Ice to get the opponent off guard again.
    Raichu is another alternative, but it doesn't pack enough to be a worthy party member.
    The choice is yours. The Electric type has tons of advantages, but Magnezone has 4x weak to Ground, but Magnet Rise solves that if you can somehow outspeed it (it's really slow). Watch out for those Earthquakes, and you'll be fine. Good luck, and do well with your choice.

User Info: gandalfail

gandalfail - 7 years ago 2 0
  3. Rain Dance causes Thunder to hit 100% of the time, which is pretty cool. Rain Dancing or setting up Rain Dance and Baton Passing to your electric type is an excellent idea.

User Info: gandalfail

gandalfail - 7 years ago 0 3
  4. Luxray and Electrivire are my top choices.

User Info: nellan1223

nellan1223 - 7 years ago 0 3
  5. Magnezone has a great Sp. Atk & good defensive stats. He also has the most resistances of all Pokemon, but he lacks speed.

User Info: sirpandemona

sirpandemona - 7 years ago 0 2
  6. I prefer Luxray and Jolteon as my top 2 electric type pokemon to use. Luxray is easy to catch early on, and you get a free Eevee a short way into the game, which can evolve into Jolteon. And as for Rain Dance, it gives Thunder 100% accuracy.

User Info: verac31

verac31 - 7 years ago 2 1
  7. yes ampharos is definitely very strong but i also like rotom. As for rain dance it increases the move thunder's accuracy

User Info: Bio_Hazardss

Bio_Hazardss - 7 years ago 0 3
  8. The best Electrics are Electivire Amphorados Magezone and Lanturn

I like Electivire heres a good move set for him

Electivire
    thunder bolt
    magnet rise
    earthquake
    brick break or cross chop

User Info: Deefrenzy41

Deefrenzy41 - 7 years ago 0 2
  9. This Is A Good Choice Above The Others... a classic Pikacku!Seriously!!!

User Info: budkeisler

budkeisler - 7 years ago 0 2
  10. Luxray, and or Pikachu

User Info: Coralinefan09

Coralinefan09 - 7 years ago 0 2
  11. I gotta say luxray

User Info: kickbuttowski24

kickbuttowski24 - 7 years ago 1 0
  12. pikachu has low hp and atk but has great speed and is one cute Pokemon!
    if you like cuteness and speed pikachu is for you!!!

User Info: supergamer1112

supergamer1112 - 7 years ago 0 2
  13. Get a Ampharos, or Pikachu, or maybe a Luxray. My Ampharos knows Fire punch, Electric punch, Rockclimb and Thunder. My Luxray knows Thunder fang, Protect, Crunch and Thunder wave. And finally my Pikachu knows Surf, Protect, Thunder volt (or whatever) and Spark. They all have good stats except Pikachu, not good HP.

User Info: PINK_HATERS_123

PINK_HATERS_123 - 7 years ago 0 1
  14. Yo dude I say the best electric type would have to be an electivire because
    one it has good attack
    two it looks awesome
    and three it can learn a ton of moves like surf and flamethrower ect.

User Info: Pokemaxeran

Pokemaxeran - 7 years ago 0 1
  15. I said Luxray and Electrivire is good.. and have a great look..

User Info: EmpoleonLeader

EmpoleonLeader - 7 years ago 0 0
  16. check serebii.net or smogon.com for great movesets, but me personally, i prefer electivire he's got great stats all around, a decent moveset, and his ability is great. what i like to do is when i know my opponent will use an electric move i switch immediatelty to electivire, and it's a free speed boost.

Hope this helped!

User Info: Sh0ryu_Repp4

Sh0ryu_Repp4 - 7 years ago 0 0
  17. Oh i forgot to say the item that evolves electabuzz into elecatvire is ELECTRILIZER, wild elekid hold them.

User Info: Sh0ryu_Repp4

Sh0ryu_Repp4 - 7 years ago 0 0
  18. Hmmm out of your two choces i would go with electricvire but i have a luxray in platnum and its a total monster

User Info: mimgrim

mimgrim - 7 years ago 0 0
  19. Electivire is a good physical wall
    Jolteon is a good special sweeper
    Magnezone is a good special wall
    Luxray is a good physical sweeper

Hope this helps

User Info: TedhaunGaoGao

TedhaunGaoGao - 7 years ago 0 0
  20. Ignore the above poster. Electivire and Magnezone are not walls in the slightest. Electivire is a mixed attacker, who can sweep given half the chance, and Magnezone is a special sweeper and Steel trapper, who has the added bonus of being able to explode on things.

For in game, though, Jolteon, Electivire, Magnezone and Luxray are all fairly easy to get (Vire only if you can trade), and powerful enough to get you through.

User Info: TinMan2812

TinMan2812 - 7 years ago 0 0
  21. I think jolteon is the best, because it has a great speed.

User Info: game_14

game_14 - 7 years ago 1 0
  22. Pikachu, Raichu, Luxray, Arceus (Zap Plate), Zapdos, Electivire, Jolteon, Electivire, and High-leveled Plusle and Minun (Good for Double Battles).

User Info: tul3

tul3 - 7 years ago 0 0
  23. I wud sey Jolteon and raichu becaus raichu knows thunder punch and jolteon can learn volt tackle(IF U TRAIN IT PROPERLY)....... THEY ROCK!!!!

User Info: Leslie14

Leslie14 - 7 years ago 0 0
  24. I used Luxray ingame, and I found it to be pretty good; if you're in competitive play, some of the good/common ones are Magnezone, Jolteon, and Electivire.

User Info: Redzone0110

Redzone0110 - 7 years ago 0 0
  25. If you ask me, I prefer Jolteon as the best. Not only because of it's high speed, but also it's great Sp. Attack. I suggest you:
    - Give it a lot of Carbos, Calcium, Zinc, and Iron while it's still an Eevee.
    - Give it a Soothe Bell to make it more friendlier and make the move 'Return' have a high power.
    Suggested moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Thunderwave
    Charge Beam
    Agility

User Info: bidoh

bidoh - 7 years ago 0 0
  26. Are you people blind the real electeric type poke mon is the rats Piachu, Pikachu and Riachu the pokemon who know volt tackel typo.

User Info: samsam87

samsam87 - 7 years ago 0 0