How do I catch Kyogre?
I tried like four times! It's his aqua ring.
underwater44 - 6 years ago
The 5 Key Things for Battling Kyogre:
1. Sleep-Inflicting Moves - Hypnosis, Spore, Lovely Kiss, Sleep Powder, Dark Void, Grasswhistle, or Yawn. Pick one.
2. Taunt - A Level 50 Scyther (that's Scyther, NOT Scizor) can easily get one in before Kyogre can attempt Aqua Ring.
3. Lots of Heavy Balls - Net Balls are actually worse than Dusk Balls here, but Heavy Balls have a respectable 35/255 Catch Rate instead of 20/255 (Dusk Ball + Dark Place = 4 x 5/255) or 15/255 (Net Ball + Water Type = 3 x 5/255). Kyogre weighs 776 lbs., which is well over the 660 needed for a +30 catch rate modifier using a Heavy Ball.
4. False Swipe - Scyther can do this quite well, too, especially with Adamant Nature and Technician Ability (worth the effort to breed for the Nature and Ability then EV train it for Attack and Speed).
5. Patience - Kyogre can be frustrating, so save prior to a catch attempt.
Lead with Adamant Technician Scyther. Taunt, switch to a Pokemon with Yawn, switch back, False Swipe, Taunt when it wears off, switch to the Yawn Pokemon when Sleep wears off, and repeat until Kyogre is both at minimal HP and asleep. Toss Heavy Balls until you get it.
To give you an idea of a Heavy Ball's effectiveness VS Kyogre, 35/255 is a slightly lower rate than attempting to catch Gyarados, Smeargle, Stantler, or Bagon with a normal Pokeball (45/255) and slightly more than attempting to catch Dialga or Palkia with a normal Pokeball (30/255). Hard as all 9 Hells, but not impossible.
Kraleck (Expert) - 6 years ago
There isn't exactly sure-fire way to catch him. Just keep trying and you'll eventually pull through.
If the healing of Aqua Ring is what's giving you troubles, use poison. Or potentially better, keep him asleep so he never gets to use it.
ellis123 (Expert) - 6 years ago
You could use a master ball if you have one but if not bring ur highest level pokemon that is resisted to ice or water type moves and slowly wear him down also u should buy about 30 or more ultra balls
prymidhead123 - 6 years ago
Best balls to use: Dusk ball when it is night and Net ball for any other situation
Start off by causing it to sleep. Then work on reducing his Hp to one with false swipe. Throw Net Balls until you catch it.
If you have a pokemon that know taunt use it and it won't and can't use aqua ring for the next few turns. Reduce his hp and throw a net or duskball (Night)
Death_Ragnell - 6 years ago
I just got his hp very low and put it to sleep. Stock up on net and dusk balls also heavey balls help.
blades2122 - 6 years ago
This question has been successfully answered and closed.
More Questions from This Game
|how do I catch kyogre and groudon or evn rayquaza?||Answered|
|Do you have a kyogre?||Answered|
|How do I get to Kyogre?||Answered|
|How do i get kyogre in HeartGold?||Answered|
|Kyogre and Groudon?||Answered|