Review by Spitball Sparky

Reviewed: 06/19/03 | Updated: 06/19/03

A fun game with many ways to play!

This game is a port of Sonic Adventure for the Sega Dreamcast. I have never played the Dreamcast version, so this game is a whole new experience for me. And I must say, I like what I see.

Story-10/10: Dr. Robotnik has a new weapon. It is Chaos. This liquid monster grows stronger and stronger depending on how many chaos emeralds it eats. So naturally, Sonic wants to stop it. Tails, Sonic's friend fallows Sonic around and helps him out. Knuckles, Sonic's friend/enemy is trying to collect all of the master emerald pieces. Amy, Sonic's girlfriend is being help hostage by a robot. Amy meets another robot made by Dr. Robotnic called E-102 Gamma. Big, is looking for his friend, Froggy. These characters all help stop chaos.

Graphic-10/10: The graphics in this game a very good. I love them. The movements are very fluent and smooth. The colors are very bright and colorful.

Control for Sonic-9/10: Sonic's stages are very straight forward. Get to the end of the stage. Sonic is easy to move, but the camera sometimes messes you up and you wind up running of a cliff.

Control for Tails-10/10: Tails' stages are much like Sonic's stages. Tails' goal is to get to the end of the stage before Sonic dose. The trick is to be quick. Very fun and very fast.

Control for Knuckles-10/10: Knuckle's stages are filled with small places to explore. His objective is to find three pieces of the master emerald. Once he finds them, the stage is cleared. Knuckle is very easy to control. You won't have problems.

Control for Amy-8/10: Amy's goal is to escape the robot chasing her. Amy carries a hammer with her that she uses to attack and jump. There are many ways to use the hammer. Amy's stage requires a little more thinking. It is kind of like a puzzle.

Control for Big-5/10: Big is cool character, but his stages are not very fun. His goal is to find his friend, Froggy by fishing for him. He is harder to control than the other characters.

Control for E-102 Gamma-10/10: E-102's stages are my favorite. His goal is to destroy the other E-100 robots. He is extremely easy to control. His stages are usually short, but fun.

Sound-9/10: This game has an awesome soundtrack. The music always fits the stage. From the big city to the runs, this game is pleasing to the ear.

Features: This game has many features. My favorite is that you can raise a chao. Chao is a cute little animal that you can raise and enter in contests. You and a friend can race chao against one another. You can also bring your chao with you on your Game Boy Advance or Game Boy Advance SP. (GCN/GBA cable is needed.) You can transport them to Game Boy games, Sonic Advance, Sonic Advance 2 or Sonic Pinball Party. If you have Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for the Gamecube, you can put your chao from there to a GBA, and then from the GBA to Sonic Adventure Deluxe.

Overall-9/10: This game will keep you entertained for a very long time. Anybody who is a fan of the Sonic series should buy this. There is a demo disc for sale at video game retailers that has this game on it. The demo disc is only ten dollars, so you can try it on there if you like. The demo disc will not be around long, so you better get a copy now if you want one. Enjoy!

Rating:   4.5 - Outstanding

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.