Review by Saiyara

Reviewed: 06/20/03 | Updated: 06/20/03

The Blue Blur Is Here Again For Gamecube!

Okay, here's the facts: Sonic Adventure DX is Sonic Adventure 1, made for the gamecube. It has alot more thrown in, such as better graphics and gamegear games. Definitely one of my new favorite games for the nintendo gamecube. However, it doesn't quite measure up to SA2B, and I will explain. Let's look into it further, shall we?

Plot - 10/10

I'll try to describe it without spoiling the story: Eggman summons a beast called Chaos who grows ever stronger by obtaining chaos emeralds. By playing as 6 different characters, your goal is to bring down chaos, and Eggman too. Are you up to the challenge, or will chaos crush you?

Gameplay - 8/10

Very good. This is what makes the game for the most part. The only reason I give it an 8 is because I absolutely despise Amy's levels. I know that's a bit selfish, and you might like them, but hey, this is my review, right? Anyway, rolling around as Sonic, blasting things as Gamma, what more could you want?

Controls - 10/10

Very easy to use. They don't hurt your hands and are easy to adjust to. However, they are different for each character, so you'll want to look into that. Once you do, you will memorize every single action for every single playable character.

Secrets - 9/10

Bringing back all the Game Gear games, I rate this high because I never got to play the originals. Even so, I'm sure you will enjoy the nostalgia. Some characters you may have never even seen before. Very fun, very cool.

Replay Value - 7/10

Once you go back and beat all of them, there's no point in getting better records. You can if you want, no one is going to stop you. However, unlike in SA2B, in this, you do not get rated on how well you did a stage.

Overall - 9/10

This game was completely AWESOME. I loved it, and it was a new experience for me since I never played the original. If your a sonic fan, you'll definitely want this game, whether you played the original or not.

Buy Or Rent?

Buy it. Just do, this game sells for $40 in some places, and that's a small price to pay for fun. If you don't like it, just return it. If I didn't convince you to buy it, then just rent it, and you'll change your mind. Trust me.

Rating:   4.5 - Outstanding

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.