Review by SuperSonicPlayer

Reviewed: 06/20/03 | Updated: 06/20/03

Sonic Adventure DX, the most fun you can have on the Gamecube to date

I ever got to play this on the Dream Cast, since I didn't not have one,(Long story short, I ask my mom for a DC for Christmas 1999, [Being that I'm a huge Sonic Fan, I wanted the Dream Cast] I get a hand-me down Playstation instead) well any ways, I finally do to play this game and its awesome! Many thing to do in this game for Hardcore Sonic Fans and newcomers alike. This is my first review for a game, so I hope this helps you.

Graphics 10/10
I normally don't look at graphics myself, but I have to rate it, and it looks like one of the best games on the Gamecube graphic wise. Nice shiny Character models.

Story 10/10
One of the best story lines in any Sonic game, I don't want to spoil it for you , but this is the run down. Dr Eggman has released Chaos from the Master Emerald, and plan on use it power to take over Station Square. But to use its ultimate power, he need to feed Chaos the 7 Chaos Emeralds. So it up to Sonic and the Gang to stop Eggman in time.

Sound 9/10
The music on this game is one of the best on a Sonic game, and it sounds is so clear and un to hear the music, you will want to listen to the music in the sound half the time.

Gameplay 9/10
The controls are great with Sonic, Tails, and E-102 Gamma. Knuckles controls is alright, but Amy is slow and Big does fishing, and fishing is boring. But the Adventure Field are awesome and it's just fun using Amy's Piko Piko Hammer to hit the people with. Some bad parts, yet the more good point overshadow the bad points.

Fun Factor 10/10
Like I say, the Adventure Field are great, you get to free roaming all over the Mystic Ruins, Egg Carrier and Station Square. Many mini games like Snow Boarding, and the Twinkle Circuit(racing mini game).

Replay 10/10
You finish the story, yet there is more to do by getting all 130 emblems, and 12 Sonic Game Gear games which will keep busy for awhile. Some of those Game Gear games are not worth playing like Sonic Spinball and Drift 1, since you have Sonic Drift 2 and Sonic Spinball is already on Sonic Mega Collection.

Overall
A great game to hit the Gamecube in awhile, that can hang with games like Wind Waker, Resident Evil, & Mario Sunshine. A must have game, that deserves all the praise its gotten. And Again I hope this helps you in anyway toward your choice to get this game.

Rating:   4.5 - Outstanding

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.