Review by Flux Wildly

Reviewed: 05/11/02 | Updated: 10/16/02

OXYGEN! I NEED OXYGEN!!!

First thoughts:

Colors so bright! The thing with the huge driller's so cute..but it's pink and..hmm...that's Mr Driller? ....There's sound. Ooooo. Sound. Bright colors, happy sounds, good.

After I started the game:

More colors! Puffy blocks look like candy. I'm hungry. Maybe I should lick the screen. Why's he turning red?
BREATHE! BREATHE! I won? Hey, I've unlocked a card. Now I've gotta play on to unlock the rest of the 12348791416 cards.

And that is the story of how I lost what's left of my life to a game. I played the Japanese version so I don't know how different the english versions are from it but my gut feeling's that it'd be as good if not better since I'm not Japanese and I'd actually understand the Option screens if they were in good ol' English.
This left me wondering, why didn't anyone think of this concept before? Maybe someone did but was mugged, kidnapped and threatened before he could put this idea forward to the public. The premises is so simple. Drill blocks away and score combos when blocks of the same color merge while watching your oxygen levels and making sure you get at the O2 lying around every once in a while. I heard it was out for the Playstation but I didn't buy it due to my ignorance of the genre. I thought that since I sucked at tetris and didn't enjoy it that much (though it also made me braindead and wanting more of it) I shouldn't spend my money on the game. I'm still not going to buy the PS version because I don't think it can be that different from this version. HOW MANY WAYS CAN LEVELS BE DESIGNED RIGHT?

*Note that I'm still trying to convince myself that the whole game is repetitive and I should stop fiddling around with it and get back to reading a book or something.

Have I mentioned I'm addicted to the game? Because ever since I lost my brain to the game (what's the game called again?) my memory seems to be degrading rapidly.
Or maybe it's just because I'm down with flu and it's turning me into a zombie and not being able to tear myself away from Mr Driller doesn't exactly help matters much.

What I'm trying to say is that Mr Driller IS the next gen Tetris! It's got all the good qualities of Tetris and more (it's got the oh-so-cute Driller-boy not to mention beautiful colors..yes..colors...). I've got to blow my nose now

Rating:   5.0 - Flawless

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.