How do I beat the E4?
I keep trying but I always lose when I reach Agatha. any advice for them and the champion rival??:(What are good levels/pokemon??
TDShadow079 - 7 years ago
As you are aware, the Elite Four are the four strongest Pokemon Trainers in the game.
Lorelei is the first Trainer you'll face; she uses Ice-type Pokemon like Lapras and Jynx. Since many Ice-types are also Water-type Pokemon (Jynx being the only exception), they're weak against attacks like Spark and Thunderbolt. Pokemon like Jolteon, Raichu, and Electabuzz are recommended against most of her Pokemon. Jynx, being a Psychic/Ice-type, has different weaknesses from the other Pokemon in Lorelei's party. Use a Fire-type Pokemon against it.
The second of the Elite Four is Bruno, a Trainer who primarily uses Fighting-type Pokemon, such as Machamp and Hitmonlee, along with an Onix or two. Most Fighting-type Pokemon are weak against moves like Psychic (a favorite of Alakazam), and Drill Peck (a staple of Dodrio and Fearow). Bruno's Onix is just like the one you faced in the Pewter City Gym; he's weak against Water and Grass-type moves. Moves like Razor Leaf or Surf are recommened.
Agatha, the third member of the Elite Four, uses Ghost-type Pokemon, with a bit of Poison on the side. Her Pokemon include Haunter, Gengar, and Arbok. All three of these Pokemon have one thing in common: they're weak against Psychic-type moves! Pokemon like Alakazam and Jynx would have the easiest time here.
Lance is the last of the Elite Four. His choice type is the Dragon-type, and he has a couple of other Pokemon in his party, too. His Dragon Pokemon, Dragonair and Dragonite, are weak against Ice-type moves. Pokemon like Lapras and Jynx will dispose of them quickly and efficiently. Lance also has a Gyarados and an Aerodactyl in his party, which are weak against Electric attacks.
hylianarmy - 7 years ago
Bring an electric: Raichu
grass: venusaur, or something else
fire charizard, or moltres
ice or dragon articuno, or jynx
psychic alakazam, or if not evolved kadabra
PokemonHero17 - 7 years ago
This is a good team:
lvl 59 Zapdos Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Steel Wing, Drill Peck
lvl 60 -Insert your starter-: Solarbeam, Toxic, Frenzy Plant, Giga Drain Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Surf, Blizzard
Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, Blast Burn, Heat Wave(or Fly)
lvl 57- Kadabra ( or Alakazam) Psybeam, Psychic, Future Sight, Recover
lvl 56- Lapras Surf, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Perish SOng
lvl 58 - Dragonite Hyperbeam, IceBeam, Solarbeam, Flamethrower
Depending on your starter:
lvl 57 Arcanine(If no Charizard), Exgutor(If no Venesaur), Sedra(If no Blastoise) Extreme SPeed, Flamethrower, Overheat, Iron Tail Mega Drain, Toxic, Psychic,Reflect Surf, Hydro Pump, Bubblebeam, Rain Dance
SilentAura72 - 7 years ago
For first timers. levels 44-54 are good enough. This team would do:
1. Venusaur (Giga Drain, Razor Leaf, Body Slam and any other move) ; Charizard (Flamethrower, Fly, Fire Blast, and Earthquake) ; Blastoise (Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake, and other move)
Note: Venusaur is good against Lorelei, Charizard against Lorelei and Bruno, while Blastoise is good partially against Bruno and very good against Lance.
2. Hypno (Psychic, Hypnosis, Dream Eater and any other move)
Note: Hypno kicks the Gengars butt since Hypno has great SP.DEF, he won't get KO'ed easily.
3. Zapdos (Thunder, Thunderbolt, Drill Peck, Agility)
Note: Zapdos kills Lorelei and Bruno
4. Articuno (Blizzard, Ice Beam, Fly, Agility)
Note: Articuno demolishes Lance
5. Arcanine (Flamethrower, Fire Blast, and two other moves)
6. Gyarados (Ice Beam, Surf, Hydro Pump and Thrash)
The last two are optional. Depending on your starter, change Arcanine-Gyarados combo to:
If starter is Charmander:
Vileplume (Giga Drain, Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Petal Dance)
Gyarados (Ice Beam, Surf, Hydro Pump, Thrash)
If starter is Squirtle:
Arcanine (Flamethrower, Fireblast and two other moves)
Vileplume (Giga Drain, Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Petal Dance)
crimson013 - 7 years ago
4.Bring a charizard,venasaur or blastoise depending on what your starting pokemon was.
5. Bring either a mew or alakazam depending on what you can get
6. Bring a garydos
Make sure all pokemon are level 55-60 or stronger and you should breeze past them
koolkid4eva - 7 years ago
For the pokemon,
- You MUST bring a Zapdos becaus it kills Lorelei's and half of Bruno's pokemon.
- Bring a psychic pokemon(alakazam, kadabra if it not evolving; Mr. Mime, etc)
- Bring a water, fire, and a grass pokemon(if your starter is blastoise, u don't have 2 bring water pokemon; if your starter is charizard, u don't have 2 bring a fire pokemon anymore; if your starter is venusaur, u don't have 2 bring a grass pokemon anymore)
- Bring your starter pokeon
- Bring an ice pokemon(lapras, articuno, jynx, etc)
- Bring another pokemon that u think can help u
For the level,
- all of your pokemon in your party must reach at least lvl 50(you'll be better if 1 of your pokemon reach lvl 63 because the champions's starter pokemon at lvl 63)
- If your starter is Blastoise, raise your grass pokemon to at least lvl 60
- If your starter is Charizard, raise your water pokemon at least to lvl 60
- If your starter is Venusaur, raise your fire pokemon to at least lvl 60
Hope it works ^_^
ThunderBird99 - 7 years ago
If starter is Venasaur-
-Lv. 65 Venusaur
(Solarbeam, Frenzy Plant, Sludge Bomb, Body Slam)
-Lv. 65 Articuno
(Ice Beam, Blizzard, Fly, Water Pulse)
-Lv. 65 Hypno
(Psychic, Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Future Sight)
-Lv. 65 Lapras
(Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Perish Song)
-Lv. 65 Dragonite
(Outrage, Fly, Flamethrower, Ice Beam)
-Lv. 65 Zapdos
(Thunderbolt, Drill Peck, Thunder, Fly)
If starter is Charizard,
Take out Venusaur in list and add:
-Lv. 65 Charizard
( Flamethrower, Blast Burn, Brick Break, Fly)
If starter is Blastoise:
Take out Charizard/Venusaur in list and add:
-Lv. 65 Blastoise
(Surf, Rain Dance/Brick Break, Ice Beam, Skull Bash)
sora315 - 7 years ago
Pretty much just make sure that all your pokemon or at least most of them are above level 50.
Make sure to bring a fire, water, thunder, ice, psychic, and dragon type so that your team is not too one-sided.
Also make sure to get moves like fire blast/flame thrower, hydro pump, thunder/thunder bolt, blizzard/ice beam, psychic, and outrage.
As long as you follow these guidelines then no matter what pokemon you choose, you'll most likely win.
Hope this helps. :D
MexicanWalrus - 7 years ago
This question has been successfully answered and closed.