Review by Link3114

"The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX: A perfect Zelda game!"

Introduction:
Three years ago, I got my very own Nintendo 3DS console as a special treat from someone. Also when I got my very own 3DS, I got an e-shop card with it and I decided to go off to buy some games for the system. As when I was buying games for the system, I came across to an old Zelda title called The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening that was released on the Game Boy back in the 90 's and being released again on the Game Boy Color in 19-98. In two thousand and eleven, it was released again the second time on the 3DS e-shop (Which was the Game Boy Color version.). In my opinion, this is one of the best Zelda games (The other best one was Ocarina of Time) that I ever played in my life! Why is it the best Zelda game ever? Well since that you have asked, I will go and tell you all about this Zelda game right now!

Game-Play: 10/10
As you may all know, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX is an action/adventure game where you explore through the dangerous looking dungeons and solve those very tricky puzzles. First of all, the Game-Play is like the previous Zelda titles that were released before this one. As like the other Zelda games, the puzzles are a bit tricky. Basically, you need to figure out what you have to do and what goes where. However, the puzzles in each dungeon get even trickier as you progress through the story which I found that interesting and challenging. As it comes to the bosses, you have to use some strategies to defeat them and you have to use that dungeon's item to defeat them as well which is quite interesting.

Finally, the controls in this game are like the other Zelda games. However, the control inputs that you do may not register properly when you are about to jump over a bottomless pit and when you are about to dive at the right moment which it can make people feel upset. But it's still alright to say at least!

The graphics in Zelda: Link's Awakening DX is the same as the original, but with colors! The characters and the enemies look like if they were in a 16-bit game and the buildings, dungeons and the caves look very colorful. Plus, the items look colorful and the rivers and other things look very real as well.

What about the story? Well, the story in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX is still the same as the original and the story is very well presented. The cut-scenes that show in the game are great and the dialog that the characters say is very clear. However, there is nothing much else to say about the story in Link's Awakening DX anyway!

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX has got some nice music and sound effects. The music in this game sounds amazing and it sounds pretty nice as well. Mostly you will hear the music when you are exploring the world and when you are in the dungeons. Plus, the music has got some nice tracks to listen to and the instruments that were used for the songs are pretty good as well.

What about the sound effects in the game? Basically, they sound the same as the music. The sound effects sound like if it was in different games and it sounds like if it was used in the other Zelda games. Finally, the sound effects sound pretty amazing as compared to the other games. Also, this game has got plenty of sound effects to listen to.

Replay-Value: 10/10
The game will take you about a day to complete. After when you have finished, you can just wander around and collect the stuff that you are missing. However, the last thing that I have to say about this is, it can be fun at times.

Overall The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX is one of the best Zelda games on the planet (However, Ocarina of Time is still the best one in my opinion.) because it was released again on the 3DS e-shop. Also the graphics are colorful and the music and the sound effects sound nice as well. If you are a Zelda fan, this game is a must have! If you are a fan of adventure games, you should do the same! So what are you waiting for? Go and get this game right now!

Reviewer's Rating:   5.0 - Flawless

Originally Posted: 05/11/15

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (AU, 06/08/11)

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.