Review by Holy Vampire

"Old game, old story, good show."

I'm reviewing this because there's nobody that has reviewed it. Don't getme wrong. I haven't played this game in a while, so if there's some inaccuracies,do not flame me. The reason I played this game in athe first place is because it was based on a favorite anime series of mine: Fist of the North Star. I thought that this old SEGA game deserved some credit. It really does, especiallywhen you think about FotNS's previous games (yuck).

Graphics= (8) Kinda looking like Altered Beast, the graphics in this game stillwork fairly good. Not too detailed, but nothing was very choppy. Especiallydue to the time this game was made, Kenshiro had good speed in his Fist punches.

Music/Sound= (6) Typical for a Genesis. The system just doesn't have a greatsound card. But, the thing that really got to me was the authentic Kyap fromthe Kenshiro before the game started. Music was simple MIDI type music, andthe punching effects were a little odd to me.

Gameplay= (8) Not much to debate here. Jump, kick, punch. Wow. The thing thatkinda made me wonder, though, is why they had the stage menu set up somewhatlike Super Mario 3. I mean, not that it was a bad thing. Also, it was kind ofwierd how after I beat a big green and gold guy, Kenshiro would power up. Thenhe would be able to use his Fist techniques. I guess it doesn't matter sinceit was towards the beginning of the game, but whatever.

Overall= (7) This game was confusing, but I'd like to play it again. I probablyjust hadn't realized that it was a Fist of the North Star game, and waswondering why this guy punched and kicked like he did. I dunno.

I looked for this at the video store a while ago, but I couldn't find it.I think the only reason that this game didn't do well was because it's heavilyJapanese, and those games have a habit of not doing so well. I still don't getwhy, but this game would have beated Altered Beast very easily when they bothfirst came out.

Reviewer's Rating:   3.5 - Good

Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 02/20/03

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.