Most Common Issues
- My browser doesn't autofill my GameFAQs password anymore!
All GameFAQs logins now use HTTPS, and some browsers won't autofill passwords from HTTP. See the GameFAQs over HTTPS help file for more information and how to find your old password.
- I created an account, but I can't post messages because it's "Unverified".
In order to post messages, send private messages, or ask or answer questions in GameFAQs Answers, we need you to verify your account's email address. You must supply a valid email address when you register or change your email on your profile page. We'll send you an email, and you simply need to click the link in that email to verify your account.
- I've registered or changed my email, and I'm having trouble verifying my account.
If you're certain you gave us the correct email address, but you're not receiving your verification mail, first check your "Spam" or "Junk" email folders, because emails from us can sometimes get caught in there. If it's still not coming in, you can request a new one be sent by clicking on the "Unverified" link at the top of the page. Note that if you make multiple requests for verification emails to multiple addresses, only the last email sent to you will be valid; the rest will return a "Bad Email Hash" error.
- There's a very disruptive advertisement on the site causing problems.
While GameFAQs does rely on advertising for our revenue, we have strict rules about just how disruptive an advertisement can be, and how many times you should ever see any kind of ad that floats over content on a mobile page. Ads that automatically redirect to other sites (or an App Store) are not allowed, nor are ads that automatically play audio.
Unfortunately, not every advertiser follows these rules, and because our internal advertising team won't necessarily see or review every ad that's shown on the site (especially those outside of the US), sometimes disruptive ads slip through. In this case, you can help us by taking a screenshot and providing a detailed description and opening an Ad Problem or Mobile Ad Problem feedback ticket.
- How do I change the color, time zone, messages per page, or other settings on the site?
There's a "Change Colors" link at the bottom of the page that allows you to select a different color scheme without being logged in. If you're logged in, you can simply click your username at the top of the page, and try changing your Basic Settings to adjust your time zone and other display options.
- I have a question or problem with the secure version of GameFAQs (https://www.gamefaqs.com).
We've created a new Help section that should answer most of your concerns and explain what's going on: GameFAQs over HTTPS.
Additional Help Topics
Your GameFAQs Account
Using the Site
- Content and Contributions
- GameFAQs Answers
- My Games
- Poll of the Day
- Private Messages
- Game Saves
More Help / Contact Us
If you've read through the Help Files and can't find an answer to your problem, there are several ways to get additional help.
- If you have a basic question about the site or the message boards, you can ask it on the Message Board Help board. Other users (and the site's staff) can either answer your questions quickly, or point you to the right place.
- If you need help with a game and didn't find an answer anywhere else on the site, GameFAQs Answers will allow you to ask practically any question about any game.
- If you have a problem with your account, contributions, or have any other issues that need attention from a GameFAQs administrator, you can directly contact GameFAQs through our Feedback system.