Battery Problems?

1. Today, when I was listening to music on my iPod in my car, suddenly the music stopped. I checked my iPod and it wouldnt turn on so I just guessed it was out of battery even though i remember the last time i checked it was about quarter full. I wasnt doing anything else either, just listening to music. When i got home and tried to charge it, that regular empty battery with the lightning bolt and plug symbol didnt appear. It didnt make the charging noise either. I tried holding the lock button, tried holding down the home button and even tried holding down both of them, nothing worked. I think ive only dropped it twice this year and even then it was protected because I got it a protective cover and they were very small drops as well. It's never gotten into contact with water and I use it an average amount- from time to time.
    Any idea what's going on?

User Info: cannonblast

cannonblast - 5 years ago
    Oh, and if this is necessary, it's a 4th Gen iPod Touch on IOS 5.0.1

User Info: cannonblast

cannonblast - 5 years ago
    Is done any better since that time?

User Info: Talon2155

Talon2155 - 5 years ago

Answers

1. I have a 4th Gen Touch also. Something similar has happened to me a few times. It has been more than half full on battery and suddenly it's dead for no apparent reason. But I did find a way to turn it back on. You must plug it into a computer to charge the battery instead of a wall adapter. It hasn't done this since I updated to iOS 6. Hope this helps.

User Info: Exolamb102

Exolamb102 - 3 years ago 0 0