Steam mac code?

1. I bought a copy of Civilization VI for PC, not knowing it didn't work for mac, but now I'm stuck with it. The guy at the store said that maybe if I put the code in on Steam and then when it comes out for mac download it, it would work. Could somebody please confirm if this is possible?

User Info: hen4702

hen4702 - 1 year ago

1. That seems like a question that would have been discussed during the sale, but since it apparently wasn't. Still the answer you were given doesn't seem like a very reasonable answer either. Your best option is to go to an official Civilization forum and ask about your situation there. The support might even be able to help you exchange the code.

This would likely get better results if posted on the game Board or Answers section for Civ 6:
    www.gamefaqs.com/boards/200614-sid-meiers-civilization-vi

Although I still think that the customer service from the official Civ 6 site is probably your best option.

One other thought, and I don't even know if it can be done on a Mac, is setting up a virtual PC on your Mac and run the game from that using the code that you bought. If it can be done there are probably step-by-step instructions that you could find by searching Virtual PC.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k - 1 year ago 1 0