Review by Jericho0784

"I'm glad this was a rental-only game"

Look what we have here, it's the second incarnation of the Clayfighter series on the N64. The first one sucked, so it confounds me as to why they wanted to add more to it. Well I'm just gonna say right now that I think this game totally sucks, so read on to find out why.

Graphics:6/10
Okay, so the graphics are somewhat decent, as the clay models look pretty good. However, it's basicaly just that and I wish they would have done more to it. The N64 can handle more than this, look at any of the Zelda games on N64. Those fully utilized the system's capabilities and I wish that more companies could do the same.

Sound:5/10
Alright, so the sound isn't half-bad, but it isn't half- good either. It's basically mediocre, forgettable crap that doesn't leave much to the imagination. I'm sure people will disagree with me here, but that's my opinion.

Control:2/10
Okay, so they kept the same sucktacular controls from the previous game fully knowing that they sucked and did nothing to improve them. It's controlled in the same basic manner as the previous game and if you enjoyed that game...then you'll probably still be annoyed with this game's mechanics.

Gameplay:-1/10
That's right, a negative number. The game is boring, controls terribly, has practically no features that are worth seeing, and this enraged me so much (since the 64 doesn't need more bad fighting games) that I had to give a negative score. There's no way that Boogerman or even the almighty Earthworm Jim can save this game because those two are really the only ones that you'll care about. The rest of the cast is forgettable and pretty stupid-looking as well.

Replay Value:2/10
All in all, why would you want to play this game again? I've given you reasons why this game is not worth playing for very long and failure to heed my warning could result in a loss of time from your life.

Buy or Rent?
Well, I think currently your only option is to rent and even then I wouldn't recommend it at all. Yes, this game is that bad that it's not even worth five measly dollars. Think of what kinds of good things you can do with five dollars. You could make five 20-minute long distance calls.
You could even keep it to put towards renting a decent game.

Reviewer's Rating:   1.5 - Bad

Originally Posted: 02/18/01, Updated 02/18/01

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.