Review by Mr Shorts

Reviewed: 01/03/03 | Updated: 01/03/03

Although unknown, a great game.

What???!?!

Wrecking Crew? What's that? Quite possibly the best NES game ever made. It shines in gameplay and replay value. It's probably not the perfect game for you ''action'' players, but for those who like a challenge, ''Wrecking Crew is the game for you.

Gameplay 10/10

Un-Be-livible. 100 stages in a NES game? No way! Fine by me if you don't believe me, but it does in fact have 100 stages. The main point of the game is to destroy the required blocks. Easy? I don't think so, with the enemies, fireballs, and hazards those stages aren't an easy task. It doesn't exatcly have ''action'' besides dodging the fireballs that come off the side and the enemies you face, but you could even say it's better than action. There are some points where if you take one step, your under a barrel and you cant get out.

Story N/A

No real story just Mario and Luigi get caught up wrecking blocks and destroying enemies.

Sound 8/10

Your usual NES sounds, nothing special, but with such good gameplay, you don't even notice the sound.

Looks 9/10

The eggplant man has got to be the best enemy in video game history, he is a eggplant in a scuba gear. When I first saw him, I couldn't stop laughing. Also I like the little touch on how you have to crack the blocks before you can break them.

Replay Value/difficulty 11/10

Seriously, This game is incredibly challenging. I still haven't beat it after 8 years, and yet I still love to play the stages over and over again. Also another statement about the difficulty, if you have beaten the game. (which i seriously doubt you have) you can make even more challenging levels with the ''level editor'' (I'm not sure exactly what it's called, but it's something to that effect.) You could even use that for your own amusement (well at least I have) I once put a army of eggplant men all on the floor. Then I saw them all push each other back Just to see which one would prevail. (I know it's corny but I laughed)

Rent or Buy?

Buy. There is no way in hell you can beat this game in 5 days, I couldn't even beat it in 6 years. Also Where the heck would you find a place where you could rent it?!?

Overall 10/10

A great game. Plain and simple. This may not be a Zelda or a Final Fantasy, but it is still a great game.

Rating:   5.0 - Flawless

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.