Is there a way to disable the sound?

1. Is there a way I can disable the sound for this game?

User Info: beefixit

beefixit - 8 years ago

1. To simplify:
    Remove all the sound and music files except "audio.fmt".

User Info: LandonRay

LandonRay - 8 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Muting your computer's sound would be the easiest method. As far as a method driven by the FF8 software, I don't believe there is.

User Info: FFguy

FFguy - 8 years ago 0 0
  2. You have to move/delete your data\sound\ folder so the game cannot find the sound files to play. FMVs will still have sound. Pausing the game after moving the sound files will cause it to crash.

User Info: Ninjatsu_FF8

Ninjatsu_FF8 - 8 years ago 0 0
  3. Don't remove all the sound files, if you do the game will glitch. Instead enter into the game's directory, open the folder labeled "data", next open the folder labeled "sound". Delete or move the "audio" dat file, but not the "audio" fmt file. Now go back to the "data" folder and open the "music" folder. Open the "dmusic" folder and delete or move all of the files. Lastly start your game and enter the in-game configuration menu, at the bottom of the menu is a sound option, turn it all the way down. I haven't fully tested this, but it should remove all the sound except in FMVs and it should also prevent the game from crashing.
    I hope this helps.

User Info: LandonRay

LandonRay - 8 years ago 1 0
  4. Just a small update, you don't need to turn down the volume in the game's menu. However, if you don't you may hear an occasional chirp through your speakers. Also, you do need to delete or move the files under "data/music/stream".

User Info: LandonRay

LandonRay - 8 years ago 1 0