New computer?

1. So I got the orange box for ps3 a few weeks ago and have become addicted to tf2, so I went ahead and ordered the pc version for obvious reasons. I got it yesterday and spent 4 hours setting my computer up for it. I connect to a server and my computer lags continuously.
    I NEED A NEW COMPUTER!
    Does anyone have any good ideas for a cheap computer which will run tf2 properly. As in really cheap. I bought my current computer a couple years ago and my parents arnt keen on me getting a new computer

User Info: Ol_Tod

Ol_Tod - 7 years ago
    Thing is, i dunno how to view my specs, since when i go to Computer>System properties it comes up with some windows experience index which doesnt tell me anything. I can see though that I have a 1.73 Ghz and a 32 bit operating system if that means anything. processor.
    And what settings did u recommend I turn down?

User Info: Ol_Tod

Ol_Tod - 7 years ago
    *I can see though that I have a 1.73 Ghz processor and a 32 bit operating system if that means anything.

User Info: Ol_Tod

Ol_Tod - 7 years ago

Answers

1. What are your specs? Could be that you just have to turn down your settings. It might also be your connection. TF2 isn't too hard to run; I ran it for about a year on a really awful computer.

User Info: Dauntasa

Dauntasa - 7 years ago 0 0