Issues running on Windows 7?
Is there a way to get the game to work properly on Windows 7? I had been craving playing the game again, had it installed, but when I tried to start the game up I get a bunch of error messages.
GDragon59 - 7 years ago
[This is a copy & paste from "Death Marine's Journal.: All credit goes to him.]
I found a super easy way to get Dungeon Siege working for Windows 7.
When you try to play the game a window will come up with some bull about having compatibility problems. Here is what i did to get the game working perfectly on my Windows 7 x64 (64 bit):
1. Make sure you install DirectX 9.0c since Windows 7 doesnt come with it!
2. Install the game like normal
3. Go into the directory were you installed it probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Dungeon Siege
4. Double click on DSVideoConfig.exe
5. It will probably say Primary Display Driver Hardware change it to whatever video card you have. For example i would change mine to NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX Hardware DO NOT PICK THE ONE THAT SAYS TnL
6. you can pick whatever resolution, shadows or filtering you want and click OK
7. Now play the game!
EDIT: If you are going to play Legend of Aranna you have to go into your documents folder go into the Dungeon Siege folder open your DungeonSiege.ini file and copy the first 3 (4?) lines. Go back to documents folder and go into the Dungeon Siege LOA folder, open the DungeonSiege.ini file there and paste it over the first 3 (4?) lines there.
Khalaq - 5 years ago
Go to the directory where you installed the game, right click on DSLOA.exe, select Properties, click the Compatibility tab in the dialogue box that comes up, then set Compatibility mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 2). You might also have to do this for any shortcuts on your desktop. If your desktop shortcut still crashes, try running DSLOA.exe directly from the game directory. The game 'should' run. You could also try running DSVideoConfig.exe under the game directory to set the video options outside of the game. Hope that helps.
RobertBowen - 6 years ago
This question has been successfully answered and closed.
More Questions from This Game
|How do I solve quest for Jaff?||Unresolved|
|Playing in multiplayer and cannot get the displacers to work in any location, any hints on what might be wrong?||Unresolved|
|How do I solve Threat to Hiroth?||Unresolved|
|How do i delete chars from my party?||Answered|