Why does the game stop working before I even reach the menu?

1. Hi. I recently got Oblivion for PC and I wanted to do some moding. It didn't always work and I realized it was due to the fact that it was an old version. So I downloaded the patch 1.2.0416 and installed it. But when I start up the game the bethesda logo starts to appear, then the game crashes saying "Oblivion has stopped working"... thats it. Sometimes I reach the loading screen in the main menu, sometimes I don't even see the logo. I tried uninstalling Oblivion and then do the patch update before adding any mods, but the same thing happens every time. I have Windows 7, btw. Can somebody please help me?

User Info: MegamanLv2

MegamanLv2 - 4 years ago

Answers

1. try fixing the mod load order first. if that doesn't work, try uninstalling the mods one by one. I suggest keeping the uninstalled ones uninstalled until you find the one that broke it. you can reinstall any of the mods that aren't the one that broke it after that though.

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter - 6 months ago 0 0