What is the best strategy for 100 Nobles?
I keep trying, but I end up getting around the 90s. I didn't press any wrong buttons. I tried to do it faster, but I end up with lower scores.
FueledwithRamen - 7 years ago
There are great ways to do this. The majority of this test in difficulty is psychological and slightly physical.
Personally, here are some good ways to stop from making unwanted and unnoticed mistakes.
1. Relax - Make sure you can attain a comfortable posture throughout the mini-game. Make sure the posture also won't cause you too over relax, such as laying on a bed. It's best to get a nice comfy chair, and to not be too tired when attempting this. At the same time don't down 5 cups of coffee and attempt to do it, as that won't help either.
2. Breathe - I know it sounds silly, but if you don't breath you won't be as alert as you could be, and when I figured out how to breathe without distracting myself, I was able to get a 100 on this game.
3. Mechanics - This game is difficult. Understanding it can help greatly to defeat it. The game consists of 50 actions, in the form of buttons on the PS2 controller. As far as I can tell you get 1 point for hitting the correct button, and 1 point for hitting the correct button within about half a second after the entire command is viewable. This means you basically have time to blink, which is just enough time to comprehend and send the message to your thumb to press the button.
4. First Try - The first try on this game is always the same. It is possible to memorize the pattern and follow it out on paper instead of trying really really hard to get it.
5. Mood - After trying and failing at this for a while, it can be easy for your mood to go very south. If you find yourself even mildly frustrated, make sure to take a breather, come back in an hour or even the next day and try again.
6. Reward - Honestly, 10000 gil isn't that big of a deal. If you aren't going for a 12 hour Excalibur run this mini-game shouldn't be THAT important. The Moonstone isn't even that big of a deal. Decide ahead of time if its worth it to you, and it might come as a surprise if it isn't really too important to you.
Hope this all helps.
Flare_Dragon123 - 7 years ago
Press the buttons quickly AND without error, making sure Brahne is impressed (you'll get much higher numbers). It doesn't get any simpler to explain, but it's still hell to accomplish.
My best is still 99 (I just said 'screw it' after 28 attempts to get a flawless duel and continued with the story because an early Moonstone just isn't worth the effort to me, the Silk Shirt is good enough).
Just remember to talk to Brahne as Steiner for the actors' prize (up the spiral stairs, head south when you gain control).
Kraleck (Expert) - 7 years ago
Honestly, it's timing, patience, finger skills, and a little bit of luck (i think)
i've actually gotten pretty good at this each playthrough getting 100 out of 100 in either the first, second, or third try
1. Pressing all the correct buttons is key. (obviously...)
2. With what timing is what is important. You don't want to press them too fast or too slow. You want to press each button to make the "battle" flow as smoothly as possible. You'll notice it as you play through the mini-game
3. Make sure you are making use of all of the buttons. Blank will dish out commands as to what button to press next to advance the battle. If he only has you pressing X, Triangle, Up, Down, Left, and Right it means that you are guaranteed NOT to get the 100 out of 100, because those buttons only execute basic moves. However, if you get him to tell you to press the Square and Circle buttons, along with the six other buttons mentioned earlier, the likelihood of getting the 100 rises because those are flashier moves, and makes the "battle" seem more intense.
4. Pray that you get the 100. If you get something like a 98 or a 99, don't stress over it, it probably means that you did not get to use enough flashy (Square/Circle) moves, or you didn't put enough of a flow to the battle. Just shrug it off and try it again.
I hope you find this helpful :)
foyah - 7 years ago
Queen Brahne is impressed by getting the whole thing perfect, and the nobles are impressed by timing to get both you need to get your timing perfect and not mess up a single button press.
ps. you want to do every action as SOON as possible not just whatever makes the battle flow seem good the quicker you push the button the more nobles will be impressed, trust me i got all 100 nobles and got 10000 gil for it, which at that point in the game is A LOT.
raith018 - 7 years ago
One thing to try is doing it smoothly, rather than as fast as you possibly can. If you try to speed through, you'll likely screw up. It just happens that way. Be calm, and give yourself time to react. You'll often find patterns through the scene, such as alternations between X and Triangle. Watch out for when these finish, as you could accidentally carry them on, and thus screw up.
TinMan2812 - 6 years ago
This question has been successfully answered and closed.
More Questions from This Game
|What is the best strategy for (excalibur2)?||Answered|
|Strategy Guide Codes?||Answered|
|What is the best strategy for gil farming in Disc 4?||Answered|
|What is the best strategy path for Excalibur 2?||Answered|
|What is the best strategy for Vivi's Doomsday ???||Answered|