Review by Majin Jekku

Reviewed: 06/11/02 | Updated: 06/11/02

Good, But not great.

This is what I thought of Jedi StarFighter. I think it could've been better. ''How'' you ask? I don't know. This game is all alright though. Get it if you really like ''Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones.''

Game Play - 7/10
Well... This game isn't too different from ''Star Wars: StarFighter.'' You get to play as Nym or Adi Gallia in this game! When you are piloting the Jedi StarFighter, You can use Force Powers instead of your Laser Cannons. You get to choose between four different Force Powers. Force Shield, Force Lightning, Force Slow Motion, and this Force Shock wave-type thing. You also get to pilot the Havoc from StarFighter. This time it has more than just those Blue Bombs of Death! The Havoc has three other Secondary Weapons besides the Bombs. The game is pretty fast-paced. Sometimes the Objectives are confusing. Those hidden objectives will keep you coming back to the level several times to find them. Oh yeah, The enemies are a lot tougher too. Especially towards the end. x_x! The big reason why I didn't enjoy this game too much is because of the Repeat of Game Play.

Graphics - 8/10
The Graphics of this game are pretty neat. The environments have very smooth textures. They aren't the Graphics that will make you say ''Wow! I didn't think the PS2 was capable of such power!'' The ships are detailed as well. If you want to play a Star Wars game with excellent Graphics... I recommend ''Star Wars: Rogue Leader - Rogue Squadron II'' for the Nintendo GameCube. Lucas Arts gets into detail with the small characters though. I guess after playing Rogue Leader, I expected some nice graphics. I'm not saying the Graphics are bad or they could've been better.

Sound - 10/10
The music in this game is great. I saw the movie(Episode II) and then played Jedi StarFighter. After hearing the Theme Songs of Episode II so many times... I just had to go out and buy the soundtrack to Episode II. Not only is the music good, But, So is the sound. The laser noises are great and so are the voices. Everything pretty much sounds crystal clear. Nothing wrong with the Sound in this game!

Replay Value - 7/10
I loved this game a lot. The thing that keeps you coming back are Secret Ships in the game such as the Ad- Oops! Almost gave away something that I wasn't supposed to say. Not only are there Secret Ships to come back for after you beat the game... There are also Mini-Movies. I recommend playing the game until you get the Movie titled ''My day at work''. I thought it was hilarious. I'm sure this game would get tons of Replay Value if they prepared an Online Feature for it. That'd be sweet.

A Final Word - If you like Star Wars(Like Myself), I suggest you play it.

Rent or Buy? - I say Rent the game and decide if you think you should buy it or not.

Final Rating - 8/10.

Rating:   4.0 - Great

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.