Why don't my brand new games play when the old ones do?

1. i have a PS2 Slim and i have been playing guitar hero 1, 2, 3, and rock the 80s with no problems at all. i just recently bought guitar hero 5 and guitar hero metallica brand new, never used and both came up as disc could not be read. the other games still play just fine. could it be that the newer guitar hero games are a different format which my system refuses to recognize? or is there perhaps another problem? how can i fix it?

User Info: su_ji_rose_2369

su_ji_rose_2369 - 7 years ago
    My PS2 Slim is not broken. It plays all of the other games just fine without any problems at all. It just won't play the newer releases like Guitar Hero 5 and Metalica.

User Info: su_ji_rose_2369

su_ji_rose_2369 - 7 years ago
    It would cost more to get it fixed then it would to just buy a new system. Yes, the games are definately for the PS2 and NOT the PS3. DO NOT respond if you do not have at least a decent answer. Obviously I didn't like the answer the first time you posted it, so stop telling me repeatedly to get it fixed since that would cost more than it's worth.

User Info: su_ji_rose_2369

su_ji_rose_2369 - 7 years ago

1. This is how all console problems start, 1st one game doesn't work, then 2, until finally none of your games work so get it fixed ASAP!

User Info: itwizz

itwizz - 7 years ago 1 1

1. Your PS2 Is broken so send it to your nearest reputable independent console repairer for repair.

The PS2 Slim is notorious for having random disc/memory card read errors so all you can do is get it fixed.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz - 7 years ago 1 1
  2. Please close this since it was answered over a month ago.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz - 7 years ago 1 1
  3. It (or they) may be for the PS3?

User Info: 1111111111112fd

1111111111112fd - 7 years ago 0 2
  4. I do not knowwww

User Info: computer0000000

computer0000000 - 4 years ago 0 2