Review by ZombieDoughboy

Reviewed: 12/26/05

A Quick Overview of a Good Game

An Intro

X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse is the sequel to X-Men Legends. Based on the X-Men comics of Marvel.

The Plot

Although it may not fit perfectly into the comic book time line, this game is very thorough in plot and gives you hours of fun, experimentation, and plain entertainment. It is set on an Apocalypse time line sort of thing where the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants must focus on each others cooperation. The storyline is guaranteed to give you a lot to work on and well game play. A perfect storyline for hardcore fans or "newbies" to the series.

The Gameplay

The variety of options gives you a sense of control that is a must in all RPGs. Teamwork and solo play is optional as well as the statistics used for your character. The controls are simple to understand and the objectives are easy. Customizable areas such as powers and stats such as Strike and Focus give you almost endless opportunities of entertaining gameplay.

The Audio/Video Graphics

The videos are noticeably better in detail but it lacks the amount shown. There should be more cinematics played for player entertainment. But, the quality of these cinematics are indeed of good detail. The audio is wonderful in a way, for example: when some object is broken, it gives a detailed sound to go with it. This is good since the areas are almost fully destructible. In conclusion to this, it may not be of the greatest, most superb amount of work, but it is of great quality.

The Glitch

There have been reports of some bad and good glitches but please, don't fret. My game has never glitched once in the whole month and a half (just about) that I had it. So clean your Playstation 2 or something and get ready to sit back and lose yourself in satisfying entertainment. (I know I have)

The Final Conclusion

I definitely recommend this video game to any person. Whether it be a hardcore fan of the Marvel comics or a person ready to try something new. This game provides a great plot that can be understood by all gamers and is for sure going to entertain you for many hours. The plot is understandable, the gameplay is great, the graphics of both audio and video are detailed, and this game lacks horrible glitches.

Rating:   4.5 - Outstanding

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.